The Fascists Are Coming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 25, 2024.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Maria Ressa to Harvard graduates: 'The fascists are coming'
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/world/2024/5/25/us-couple-among-3-missionaries-killed-by-gang-in-haiti-1648

Nobel Peace Prize-winning Filipina journalist Maria Ressa gave a stark warning to the Harvard University Class of 2024 where she was invited as principal speaker at Harvard's 373rd commencement ceremonies in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

"I feel like I've been shouting since 2016 when I watched our institutions crumble quickly in the Philippines. And I will say it now. The fascists are coming," she said.

Ressa, a former head of ABS-CBN News and current CEO of Rappler, said the Global Democracy Index has fallen to its lowest level ever in 2023.

"Today, 71% of the world lives under autocratic rule. We are electing illiberal leaders democratically and once in power, these autocrats not only crush institutions in their countries, but they form alliances and create Kleptocracy, Inc. This is your challenge, it is our challenge," she said.

She pointed out that even more powerful than autocratic leaders is social media, which has turned the world upside down by "spreading lies faster than facts while amplifying fear and anger, fueling hatred by design, for profit."

Ressa called on to the US to revoke Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act that relieves tech service providers and individuals from being held accountable for illegal content posted online by users or other people.

Her challenge to Harvard educated future leaders of the world: "Your Harvard education gives you the tools. Make it a world that is safe from fascists and tyrants...This is about what we can do together, to find what binds us together. Our world on fire, needs you! So. Class of 2024. Welcome to the battlefield. Join us."

Ressa, who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Russian journalist Dmitry Muratov in 2021, received an honorary Doctor of Laws at Harvard University on its 373rd commencement ceremonies.

2. notagain

notagain

Harvard couldn't care less about the general population.
    We are being lead away from effective and sustainable action.

3. Fascist is code word for anti white communists scumbags, who came in America as part of the 1965 immigration Act. All these people have surnames that you can’t find in the Civil War registry and use racism as codeword to abolish the founding stock of America and secure their long term stay and profiteering of the things that they couldn’t built in their corrupt backwards countries.

smallfil likes this.