The Fed needs to reinforce “ Personal Responsibility “

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Innervoice, May 12, 2023.

1. Innervoice

Innervoice

The fed talks about interest rates, price stability, and maximum employment which is great. However, economic policy needs to include personal responsibility/ responsibile choices. We can have the best economic policies in the world but if certain people constantly make the same irresponsible choices in life, they need to addressed. Economic policy seems to overlook that fact and certain communities suffer because of it. Whether its crime or no family structure, proper economic policy needs to encompass these important issues. These issues also affect companies which in many cases need to close down or relocate due to escalating crime( Walmart, Home Depot, CVS). That in itself can have a negative affect on employment and actually be inflationary.
    I would be interested in hearing what the fed has to say about this.

2. maxinger

maxinger

It doesn't matter whether Feds reinforce personal responsibility or impersonal responsibility.

Traders are always looking for trading opportunities.
    Traders simply like the Fed because the Fed keeps on providing trading opportunities.

Either you seize the trading opportunities.
    Or you reject it.

Be thankful to the Fed.

[​IMG]

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's not the job of the fed to micromanage people's irresponsible choices, so unfortunately you're going to be waiting a long time.

KCalhoun, Darc, Scataphagos and 4 others like this.
  4. Innervoice

Innervoice

They should address it because it is important and pertinent to sound economic policy.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Address it in what way? Give me an example of something you'd want to hear from the fed regarding this personal responsibility issue you've brought up.

albion and Darc like this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Come on Baron...you know he's not talking about Jewish Americans. Besides, he talked about the exact same issue in another thread and he specifically identified a particular ethnic group in his reference to why Walmart, Home Depot, CVS are closing stores.

Now he's cloaking the conversation under the umbrella of the FED. :D

wrbtrader

Darc and SunTrader like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

Give him some benefit of the doubt.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Wrong!

Fed is very good for bullish investors in the US stock market.

But ask yourself would the markets be better for traders and trading without the Fed?

I believe there would be more volatility and trading opportunities without the Fed, if the markets were left to move and up and down by themselves..

eg. There would be more fear in the markets without the Fed. A permanently higher VIX..

Clubber Lang and SunTrader like this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

I respect your opinion.

As a day trader, I like the Fed and former President Trump .... who provides trading opportunities.

We have different investment/trading strategies and different styles.
    But we have the same bottom line; make $$$$$.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  10. smallfil

smallfil

CNN should be paying President Donald Trump for boosting its ratings. Kailan Collins should be thanking him as well. She also, got the slot of Chris Cuomo before. Maybe, a huge salary boost as well. See, President Donald Trump stimulating the economy. Far better than the bad economic policies of Joe Biden.

#10     May 12, 2023
    Clubber Lang and murray t turtle like this.