The Flu

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tomkat22, Jan 28, 2023.

1. tomkat22

tomkat22

Anybody else had it this season? I'm dealing with it right now and it's kicking my butt. Just wondering what y'all are taking to speed up the healing process. So far just Tylenol for me. Symptoms came on last tuesday and are taking forever to abate.

2. Tylenol (paracetamol) becomes inneficient for fever over 38 Celsius and useless over 39. If you have high fever, alternate Ibuprofen with sodium metamizole every 4 hours. Once under 38 for 8 hours you can get back to Paracetamol alternating with Ibuprofen every 6 hours for a day then 8 hours next and you should be cured at this point.

If cough (back pain) or throat pain persists see your doctor, you might need antibiotics.

3. tomkat22

tomkat22

Interesting,I didn't know that about Tylenol and the fever thing. Feeling better today,at least the splitting headache,chills and body aches are gone. Maybe it was just a really bad cold. I had something in 2009 and it took me a month to regain enough energy to function normally.

4. If i don't have a high fever i just end up drinking lots of fluids and that's all.
    Different story with the fever though. I have a decent amount of different medications from canadian pharmacy at home and as soon as i realize i have a fever i take paracetamol or other similar drug.

5. I suppose you are aware of the dangers of Paracetamol. Don't exceed 2 grams per day. Not 2 grams at once, that's not how this works!. Leave 8 hours between administrations, if you need to keep your fever down alternate with ibuprofen every 4 hours. (With the mention that over 39 °C use sodium metamizole instead of paracetamol).

Overdose of metamizole or ibuprofen won't do much harm but Paracetamol will fuck your liver irreversibly, think of 2 weeks left to live unless liver transplant. I trust you are all well aware of this, right?

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You'll be surprised at how many people do not connect diabetes (even borderline), high blood pressure, not regularly exercising, not regularly hydrated, or not eating healthy food to today's health problems like FLU, digestive problems, heart problems, kidney problems and other more serious illness such as a severe case of Covid because those prior bad habits lowered their immune system response.

wrbtrader