The Greatest Lesson In Buddhism

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Frederick Foresight, Jul 8, 2021.

1. %%
    I look for patterns anywhere. Thailand has plenty of elephants; about 95% Buddist, about 5% Christians + Jews[2008 data]
    Carry no purse, or provisons bag, no [change] of sandals, refrain from retarding your journey,+ wasting time greeting people along the road . Luke 10 ;4 AMPCC, CEV] Bible Gateway address, even though i own both those translations.
    MY comment on not liking sandals[for me] was personal+ most females like purses + sandals changes/lol] of sandals. My mom loved purses , sandals+ changes of sandals. Shoes work better on rocks/gravel, briers/ not going to carry a purse/LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D,:caution::caution:Did help out a female friend briefly with her purse/LOL................................

#21     Jul 12, 2021
  2. Hmm...

#22     Jul 14, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    I did enjoy that Asian TV show = KUNG Fu, he always kept cool/peacemaker until the last minute/LOL; Then starting kicking + stomping like a victory elephant.[NOT a Buddist or king fu ad/LOL]
    Good thing my banker dad + mom limited my screen time, as kids/good pattern even unto today.:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution: Actually i like the ''Rifleman'' better [TV time]

#23     Jul 14, 2021
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    #24     Aug 7, 2021
  5. %%
    Same here;
    except on Psalms, Proverbs + Song of Songs, +with mind in gear ]

#25     Aug 9, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  6. Good1

Good1

The false, non-existing self suffers. The true Self does not.

#26     Aug 14, 2021
    #27     Aug 14, 2021
  8. I think the art of letting go is very helpful when dealing with losses in forex to avoid revenge trading.

#28     Sep 8, 2021
    Erik Hughe likes this.
  9. One of the best lessons in buddhism is the awareness that problems will be there but you will have the courage to overcome those problems or challenges calmly.

#29     Oct 6, 2021
  10. Yes true, one should learn to take both gains and losses in its stride.

#30     Oct 6, 2021