The meaning of risk. What does risk mean to you?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Amahrix, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Bree98

Bree98

That's a good take that you practice on a demo account first, what else do you do to manage the risks?

#111     Nov 26, 2021
  2. noframe

noframe

Risk comes with opportunity as well if proper risk management strategies are applied.

#112     Dec 3, 2021
  3. @pipbeeppip Backtesting a trading plan before trying it on live is the best way of reducing risk. It would also be a good idea to calculate the risk that is involved in the trade.

#113     Dec 16, 2021
  4. deaddog

deaddog

How do you do that?

#114     Dec 16, 2021
  5. Tritical

Tritical

In any financial market, there is risk. There is no guarantee whether the outcome will be a positive one. So risk is basically the money which you can afford to lose.

#115     Dec 27, 2021
  6. Risk for me is a probability of losing a part or all of my initial deposit in a trade.
    Having a risk management strategy in place is my first priority whenever I enter a trade because I believe that the key to consistent success as a trader is to keep your losses smaller than your profits. It’s imperative for every trader to build a trading plan and specify risk-to reward ratio, leverage, decide stop limits and take profits and follow it strictly without any deviation.

#116     Dec 27, 2021
    ujjwalsaha likes this.
  7. What strategies do you follow mate?

#117     Dec 29, 2021
  8. Normalcy

Normalcy

Risk is how much percentage of money you can afford to lose. Forex is a speculative market, and there is no guarantee whether you will win or lose. As a trader, you need to be very careful with money and trade with calculated risks.

Understanding risk associated with trading is important. But it is also important that you take steps to control it. For instance, every trader should use stop loss and take profit order to minimise risks.

#118     Feb 2, 2022
  9. Risk is that percentage of money which you can potentially lose in hope of getting returns. Forex is a high-risk and high-reward market. You have to take risks if you want to make money. However, the risk should be calculated.
    You should also take the right steps to minimise risks because forex can be highly volatile..

#119     Feb 9, 2022
  10. Feculent

Feculent

Risk is the potential that your chosen investment may fail to deliver your anticipated outcome. One should not risk more than 2% of the total account value and should use a strong risk management strategy to avoid unnecessary loss.

#120     Feb 9, 2022