The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Redneck

Redneck

OP has been here since oct 08..., have you gone back and read any of his early posts

It possible he has become one..., but then again..., maybe he is exactly what he says he his

How about we wait and see - ain't costing us a cent

RN

#41     Jun 16, 2015
    barcadia likes this.
  2. djmartin

djmartin

LOL, I've been here since 2008 don't you think if I was a vendor I would of already start pitching my product? Why would I wait 7 years to do that? What vendor do you know would tell you that they have another job besides trading, "Ha I'm the greatest trader in the world but I have another job" lol. People on this site never seem to amaze me. Onemoreshot if you believe that I'm a vendor then ignore my journal. You're on ignore.

#42     Jun 17, 2015
    lawrence-lugar and barcadia like this.
  3. Redneck

Redneck

DJ

As traders we must resist ignoring..., rather..., we must remain open to all..., while also remaining detached..., and objective about it

Food for thought Sir

RN

#43     Jun 17, 2015
    k p likes this.
  4. k p

k p

Well said RN! Its interesting to me to see how hysterical some posters have been as of late with regards to all this talk on "controlling the trolls". Many seem to be having fits and saying they won't post until they have the ability to block anybody from their thread that they don't like. The inability to simply mentally block out the posts or posters that they don't find helpful and focus on the important ones makes me really wonder how during the trading day they are able to maintain the composure necessary. Clearly an expert trader has to learn to be not shaken by every single thrust up or down or every tick that goes against him, and yet, when its a post in a message thread that's contradictory to their views, they just shut right down. Go figure....

#44     Jun 17, 2015
  5. I'm always just skeptical of anyone trying to "teach" anything related to trading out of the kindness of their heart. Been burned so many times trusting people in this industry.

#45     Jun 17, 2015
    djmartin likes this.
  6. Redneck

Redneck

No one can fault you for doing so OMS

Likely we've all been there (I certainly have)

RN

#46     Jun 17, 2015
    onemoreshot likes this.
  7. Your always so rational RN, you're an asset to this arena.

#47     Jun 17, 2015
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You Sir :)

Simple minded - as R1 puts it ;)

RN

#48     Jun 17, 2015
    onemoreshot likes this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

1) They did not say they will not post again until they have the ability to block anybody from their thread that they don't like.

In contrast, they said they will not start a thread without the ability to block someone that's harassing another member in their thread or has a history of harassing the thread starter in prior threads. You now know what was actually stated. Obviously I'm correct considering they posted their statement about trolls instead of not saying anything...the fact I'm posting right now is proof.

2) The issue is not about mentally blocking out someone's post considering they are already on the ignore list (you can't see them).

In contrast, the issue is about preventing someone that's harassing someone in another thread from continuing the harassment in your own thread when you start a thread. You now know what was actually stated.

3) Expert traders do not trade the way you've described (composer for every tick or price movement because that's not what they are concerned about) nor is there any correlation via using someone's ability to ignore someone to identify them as an expert trader. That's like saying ignoring someone tail gating you at 85km is a way to determine if you're an expert trader. The only way to determine if someone is an expert trader is via their verified profitable trading account (not live calls) or watch them trade in person for a few years.

I hope you're having a good day because you're message post implies something is wrong via the fact you twisted so much information into something not true especially your strange correlation for identifying an expert trader.

Everything OK ???

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    #49     Jun 17, 2015
  10. k p

k p

Well Db always stresses watching the right tick, hence watching it move up and down, hence the way it moves has to be taken into account, and I think this would mean that each tick is important. 40D watches T&S, so I think that this too would indicate that when he is ready to jump into a trade, each tick matters. A trader watching only hourly bars might not care about every tick, but I think there are plenty of experts that are watching with laser focus and hence every tick at an important level might very well matter. But I of course can't answer for everyone, nor do I really have a privileged enough view to know exactly what even one expert trader does.

An important distinction you point out and I think you're absolutely right in this regard.

But I still don't think I'm wrong in my overall assessment that these guys are focusing far too much on what I consider to be a small matter, or something that at the very least is a nuisance but not reason enough to throw your arms up in defeat. And even if this was so grave of an issue, the solution is to leave for all the other wonderful message boards out there that even Db points out have so many more visitors and are so much better moderated.

#50     Jun 17, 2015