The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. djmartin

djmartin

#51     Jun 17, 2015
    barcadia likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Regardless, to how the forum is manage by Baron (ET owner)...it has absolutely nothing to do with identification of an expert trader.

Not sure what Db has to do with this journal considering there's "no relationship" between the OP (djmartin) and Dbphoenix. Therefore, hopefully you're not attempting to turn this thread into another conversation about Dbphoenix...correct ?

Simply, let Djmartin do his thing and you should leave out that other stuff for discussion in your own thread considering there's nothing between djmartin and others you're talking about unless I missed the memo about something.

#52     Jun 17, 2015
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Trading based on the way price moves from point A to point B will lure a trader into every sort of trap and scare a trader out of every sort of profitable opportunity, IMHO.

#53     Jun 17, 2015
  4. djmartin

djmartin

Correct, I don't trade anything like DP even though I respect his trading style.

#54     Jun 17, 2015
  5. k p

k p

I knew that you were going to go here. You ask me a question, I answer it, and then you say I'm taking this off topic. If you simply didn't ask the question, this discussion wouldn't be happening. And because I absolutely agree that this is djmartin's thread, I will stop here.

#55     Jun 17, 2015
  6. Redneck

Redneck

DJ

Aside;

Keep your video delivery style exactly as you see fit - please - we'll adapt :)

========================

Questions;

MTFA - do you incorporate it - if so how

Volume - same questions

===============

One other note;

If/ should I ever ask an "out of bounds" question - just say so - please

Won't hurt my feelins none :)

Thanks
    RN

#56     Jun 18, 2015
  7. Redneck

Redneck

You know I respect you..., but (always a stinkin but)

imo

Where price goes..., is as important as..., how it gets there

Helps me decipher behavior - and behavior is what I trade

But (another but) - getting / remaining..., objective & detached = is obviously paramount

Otherwise..., and like you say - we get sucked into the games..., then do all sorts of stupid shit (been there done that - mkt even kept the t-shirt)

:)

RN

#57     Jun 18, 2015
  8. barcadia

barcadia

keep doing what you're doing, DJ. You seem like a chill guy.
    Looking forward to hearing about how you use the DOM etc.

#58     Jun 18, 2015
  9. JTrades

JTrades

In the following context I agree with this: for example, often when a big bar is forming you get volume coming in and volatility, price is up and down rapidly and looks like price could go anywhere. If you pay too much attention to this you can lose your nerve. When you look back at a historic chart, even at the hard right edge, you simply don't have to deal with this. You just see a big bar that has formed.

Also agree with this: the pattern / price action within the interval of a bar has significance. E.g. straight up versus up-down-up-down-up-down-up.

But there's got to be a point beyond which we ignore information?

I'd guess both of you have found your sweet spots.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    #59     Jun 18, 2015
  10. i'd like to see ND or RN place a 'live' trade or two. theory is great, lets see it in action;put some rubber on the road :)

#60     Jun 18, 2015