The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Your wish is my command

FB - currently in an .08 cent range

Sit on hands

RN

#61     Jun 18, 2015
    gears, jas_in_hbca and toucan like this.
  2. what is your entry facebook again?

#62     Jun 18, 2015
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I pulled an order because price was running hard and fast into the level I was looking to buy or sell only to see that I would've been filled within a couple ticks of the turn and ended up with 3x the expected profit.* That's why the "how" of price movement is irrelevant to my trading plan. Everyone's plan is different though.

* And I'm sure plenty of traders can woefully recall chasing price off those same hard, fast moves and ending up holding the bag at the high/low tick. o_O

#63     Jun 18, 2015
    toucan likes this.
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Been there, done that, on ES Journal and CL Redux, in ET's old chat room, in Robert Weinstein's chat room, and on Skype for the better part of a couple years.

It didn't seem to help anyone in any way; if it did, I invite any of you old trading roomies to let jimmiebarton know just how helpful it was. ;)

#64     Jun 18, 2015
    dartmus and barcadia like this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

JT

I'm not following you here

Ignore it - no...., whether it a 1 yr bar..., or a 1 min bar - it all the same information

Now.., if you referring to the TF (time sampling) of said bars - Yes.., I think one can get too far down in the weeds (1 min is my absolute max - before it makes me nuts)

This isn't an either.., or - rather its a blending - of the overall & interim...., compared/ contrasted to what is currently occurring - imo

With a smaller thrown in.., for a finer (I call it microscopic) view

I want to see the battles..., the one side winning over the other..., the disinterest..., the stop runs..., all of it

RN

#65     Jun 18, 2015
  6. djmartin

djmartin

If you knew what you know now, what would you do different when you started trading?

#66     Jun 18, 2015
  7. I would have chosen one instrument and method to specialize in.

#67     Jun 18, 2015
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Eliminate the time wasted chasing my ass trying to know the unknowable

Eliminate the wasted money / time on trading services

Read less books..., study live charts more

Learning to trade is pretty easy..., learning to think / act as a trader - takes a lot of elbow grease - and where the focus needs to be

Be more accepting of exiting..., once a trade breaks down..., and the loser still small

Buy more gold ;)

RN

#68     Jun 18, 2015
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Had a think last night JT..., and any information we would choose to ignore - could / would be considered noise - I think

Then thought about the sources of said noise - as related to trading

All I could identified were three "potential" sources

Care to take a stab at what they might be

Little mental gymnastics to kick start the ole cranium this morning

:)

Good Trading All
    RN

#69     Jun 19, 2015
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

djmartin,

You trying to find time to trade while at work or you only trading when you have a day off during the work week ?

If you only trade when you have a day off during the work week...how often does that happen per month ?

#70     Jun 19, 2015