The New Soviet Union - Surprise, Surprise...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ssss

ssss

I can post numerous more references if you wish. It is accelerating rapidly there, and is already very bad.

Each year from criminal activities in Russia dead
    approx 40 000 on 140 mln population

In USSR 22000 on 280 000 mln population
    In USA approx 20000 on 290 mln population

Your date stated

August 2003, there have been more than 245,000 officially diagnosed cases

In each case from 300 000 infected would not dead each year
    40 000
    #######################################

After 1991 male population average life expectance decreased from 66 to 58 ,female equal 74 years .

But most of the case related to alkogolism and CVD
    (cardiovascular)

Grounds for CVD ,gang activities and alkogolizm clear political

Dead from AIDS is not decisive factor for _Russia ,atleast today
    -------------------------------------------------

More of them ,exist "dissident " version /from Nobel prize winner / on AIDS and for Dead from AIDS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism

But sorry to inform you ,author support of position ,that
    homoseksual acitivities must be suppresed with 1-5 years of penalty(In State of Thengiz-Khan dead penalty) .From this point of view not interessed for AIDS

#21     Aug 7, 2008
  2. kashirin

kashirin

are you joking? US is bankrupt now
    And the world just don't need any more dollars.
    Russia has diversified from dollars, arabs will follow
    And US will not change fuels,
    it will change from fuels to no fuels
    from cars to bicycles if lucky

#22     Aug 7, 2008
  3. Bob111

Bob111

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06092008/news/regionalnews/high_risk_of_herpes_for_nyc_114759.htm

#23     Aug 7, 2008
  4. Never said that AIDS causes more deaths than other things. just stated that it is a contibutor.

Also didn't state that homosexuality was the cause. As in most of the inustrialized world, its drug use.

#24     Aug 7, 2008
  5. US deficit is 3.3% of GDP. Try looking at several European countries and Japan, which are worse.

When not in recession, US has averaged about 2.2% of GDP deficit in recent years.

If the US is bankrupt, why does the world keep buying its bonds at such low rates?

#25     Aug 7, 2008
  6. About 26 percent of New York City adults have the virus that causes genital herpes

and how many people have died from genital herpes since the beginning of time?

Zero I believe.

#26     Aug 7, 2008
  7. kashirin

kashirin

US trade deficit is around 6% GDP which is not sustainable

but US too big too fail, you should know

although it may change any moment to
    too big to save

#27     Aug 7, 2008
  8. ssss

ssss

Jayford

Never said that AIDS causes more deaths than other things. just stated that it is a contibutor.

Also didn't state that homosexuality was the cause.
    ########################################

Dear Sir

Sorry to inform you ,but in most of the case's public
    presentation of AIDS problem related -

To homoseksual socium

Problem of CVD (cardiovascular disease ) and cancer was , are and would more heavy

In time ,in which exist not grear war

66% of population dead from CVD
    33% from cancer

(some equal in USA ,Russia ,Germany,France)

It is natural dead
    ###############

Decreased average life expectancy by male population from 66 until 58 by equal by female 74 to 74 in Russia after 1991

related solely to political perturbation with different art of stress,which is one of the ground for CVD

another important ground -overweight and low physical activities (approx equal in USA,Russia ,Germany ,U.K.)

France is different -Eating cultur of Brillat Zavarin Physiologie of the taste have only 11-15 % of population with overweight

This problems- CVD and Cancer was ,are and would
    have incomporable more weight as AIDS in each mentioned countries

You can check most famous Biopharm companies

AMGN,DNA,IMCL,OSIP -what they develop and where are source's for greatest part of profit .

Best wish ...

#28     Aug 7, 2008
  9. trade deficits are not an issue of a bankrupt country. Yanks spend like there is no tomorrow is the problem. IF they go bankrupt, that takes care of itself. Obviously doesn't seem to be too much of an issue given the dollar's recent strength, and the great Tbond auction today.

Don't get me wrong, I think the US economy is just beginning a serious recession, that will take a long time to work out due to the debt loads, especially consumer debt. I just don't believe the US is anywhere near default (bankrupt), nor will it be in the foreseeable future. Our bonds would be rocketing in yield, and dollar crashing if this was the case. Doesn't matter how big the economy is, the global market would force the issue on currency and yields if they were worried about default.

This thread was about Russia I thought?

Anyway, lets see where the US is in 5 years vs Russia. I'd put my money on the US.

#29     Aug 7, 2008
  10. GTG

GTG

The US isn't even close to bankrupt. The total debt carried by US private citizens and the government isn't even close to the size of the assets owned by US citizens and the government. The absolute numbers look bad, but like Jayford pointed out with the deficit, if you divide any of these numbers, by GDP or total assets, the US is in great shape compared to most of Europe and Japan. To say a debt is "high" you can't just look at the absolute number, you have to look at how high it is relative to the income available to service it (this is GDP), and how high it is relative to assets that could be sold to pay it off (all of the valuable tangible and intangible assets such as land, factories, intellectual property, infrastructure, natural resources, etc...)

#30     Aug 7, 2008