The Obama Chronicles Vol 1 - Obama re-purposes NASA to focus on Muslim Outreach

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Nov 4, 2019.

1. wildchild

wildchild

With the 2020 election a year out, I decided to highlight what the US looked like under Obama and refresh everyone's memories. In 2016, a big factor in Donald Trump's victory was the fact that Obama very much made the election about himself and people rejected the Obama policies. In 2020, it is quite certain that whoever the democrat candidate is, they will double down and re-implement those policies.

I will be periodically highlighting some of the policies that Obama and the democrats implemented and will implement again, if they win.

Policy 1. Obama limited the amount of research that NASA did and made it an organization that focused on Muslim outreach.

Donald Trump got rid of this mandate and it is a great thing he did. What can you expect with Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren? I think it is safe to say that they will re-institute the policy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/07/07/nasas_muslim_outreach_106214.html

It's not really surprising that President Obama told NASA administrator Charles Bolden that his highest priority should be "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."

2. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I remember my anger and disbelief at being told the primary mission of NASA was "muslim outreach" while we didn't have a national launch system. Its still just surreal.

Barrack Obama saw everything through a racial and political lens. He lacked a fundamental understanding of the need for exploration, sort of the opposite of JFK. Obama had no sense of national pride or an appreciation of our accomplishments. He was a smash and grab thief in a jewelry store. He saw white people at NASA and he hated.