The Smartest Thing China Could Do Right Now: Invest US$ 200 Billion in Brazil.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 3, 2007.

1. .
    October 3, 2007

SouthAmerica: Brazzil magazine and ArabNews are both in the process of publishing the enclosed article about China, Brazil and the oil producing countries of the Middle East.

The editor in chief of ArabNews send me a reply saying that he did read the entire article and he said the article is great. Now I just need to wait until the article is published on his newspaper as a special report.

The article has been ready to be published for the last 2 weeks and a number of people have been waiting for the article to be published, but since it has been a delay in the publishing process for technical reasons at Brazzil magazine - in the meantime you be able to read the entire article on my blog at:

Article by Ricardo C. Amaral

“The Smartest Thing China Could Do Right Now: Invest US$ 200 Billion in Brazil.”

China direct investment in Brazil

http://chinadirectinvestmentinbrazil.blogspot.com/

The final conclusion is: It’s imperative that China move forward in an aggressive fashion and implement with Brazil the plan described on this article. And China should look at it as a matter of national security and future survival.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

hm.. US should invest 200B in Brazil right away.:)

3. Excellent Excellent Work....As Usual

.......................................................................................

What I would also like to see is for China to invest in ethanol and other biofuel energy production in other South American countries and the Caribbean.

Also the small dominant monopolies that dominate the basics in each of the these countries need to have adequate competitive allowances...especially in that a lot of the basics cost more than they do in the US and China...although monthly incomes are in the $150 to $800 range for most people....

Some plants such as auto, truck, and motorcycle assembly could be strategically located in these countries...as well as other types of plants...

China could be an incredible help to the whole region....

4. I think the problem with low wage workers is the Henry Ford principle.

Ford built cars and paid his employees enough so they could afford one. now we move production to low wage areas where they build cars and other things they cant afford.

so it hurts everyone. And contrary to popular belief the chinese are probably 50 years away from cars at the current salaries.

5. JESUS CHRIST YOUR BRAZIL CLAPTRAP IS GETTING OLD

6. Reply to thermactor

You are a computer technician from California according to your bio.

You should stick with computer games.

Probably you are a frustrated part-time would be actor.

The subject of my article is above your head anyway.

7. recommended ewz at 58...werd

8. Mvic

Mvic

Very good article SA, thanks for sharing it here.

Your assement of Thermactor was right too, he went on my ignore list with his first few posts, nothing of value there.

9. Arnie

Arnie

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Fear of crime is driving investment away from cities in developing countries, where over half of all urban residents have been victims in the last five years, a United Nations report warned Monday.

About 60 percent of urban dwellers in developing countries have been targeted, and more than half of urban dwellers in both rich and poor countries worry about crime "all the time" or "very often," said the U.N. agency for human settlement, known as Habitat.

Crime is worst in Latin America and Africa, where some areas had rates affecting 70 percent of city residents, Habitat said.

The world's highest robbery rates are in South America, whose largest city, Sao Paulo, was singled out for having 1 percent of the planet's homicides even though the 18 million residents make up just 0.17 percent of the global population, according to Habitat's report on urban safety and security.

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=175171

10. Scroll down the OP's link to "In the last 20 years"

The other major loss to Brazil is the human capital loss. There were a large number of well educated Brazilians who were moving out of Brazil in their search for a better future (according to “Veja” magazine article published on July 18, 2001, over 2 million Brazilians live outside Brazil). This outflow of human capital would have had a negative long-term impact on the future economy of the country, but today globalization has turned these people into assets for Brazil – Brazilian moving assets scattered around the world.

---------

The globalization part is something Fidel Castro would say regarding defectors.

The funny thing in that link was Brazil dumping the real for the new asian currency. Good lord. An Asian Central Bank would never survive as no doubt China would set the rates and Japan would've been long gone with the commies recently upping their rates to 7%. An oppressive communist regime taking into account the economic considerations of its fellow members? Fat chance!

A better idea would to be a South America Central Bank. Print the currency on very soft paper so when the commodity boom ends, the paper will find value in other uses.

#10     Oct 3, 2007