THE Super Ultra Wealthy Man can see the future, he sees horror ahead

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ucan'tEatBonds, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Do you personally know a super wealthy person, most of us don't, so don't be a jerk, read the whole article before you comment.

I personally don't like the super rich, but this guy is nobody's fool.

The Pitchforks Are Coming

You probably don’t know me, but like you I am one of those .01%ers, a proud and unapologetic capitalist. I have founded, co-founded and funded more than 30 companies across a range of industries—from itsy-bitsy ones like the night club I started in my 20s to giant ones like Amazon.com........

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...orks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html

2. Gee... maybe outsourcing our well-paying manufacturing jobs to China so that we can keep buying cheap goods at Wal-Mart wasn't such a good idea after all.

3. I don't disagree, but this article is 4 pages, unless you are a fast reader, you should read what else this guys has to say.

4. QUOTE

"So forget all that rhetoric about how America is great because of people like you and me and Steve Jobs. You know the truth even if you won’t admit it: If any of us had been born in Somalia or the Congo, all we’d be is some guy standing barefoot next to a dirt road selling fruit. It’s not that Somalia and Congo don’t have good entrepreneurs. It’s just that the best ones are selling their wares off crates by the side of the road because that’s all their customers can afford."

5. Hix80

Hix80

'We think we’re immune to the same forces that started the Arab Spring—or the French and Russian revolutions, for that matter.'

Sure. Change needs to happen. The British in the 19th century and Morroco during the Arab Spring, both implemented small but significant reform and passed it off as 'great'. This the way the ruling class survived the pitchforks (/bricks) that brought down their neighbours. Monachs are still in place, and look pretty secure. Whether they are a better society for it, well, thats up for debate.

6. sheda

sheda

Perhaps there is a difference between sleeping in houses made out of hay and pig shit, begging for pigs ears to eat from the local rich land owners, and living in a technically advance society, in which good standards of living can be created even at the bottom of the ladder.

Bull, the police states have mostly risen up under the regimes seeking and promising utopia to their peoples, there is no injustice here as in the past, people have rights, people have access to education, people can make a fortune, are Americans really going to rise up and destroy the rich because they don't all own a 100 million dollar yacht?

7. Arnie

Arnie

Thanks for making me waste 15 min of my life reading the musings of a guilty, rich liberal.

He his right about thing...

"But let’s speak frankly to each other. I’m not the smartest guy you’ve ever met, or the hardest-working."

He completely misses the big picture. And he is not asking the right question:

"WHY are people stuck in jobs that only pay a minimum wage?"

The answer: That's all this economy has created, due to policies that create a perverse incentive to not hire new employees.

Think about it. Min age jobs have always been around. The difference now is that there isn't that next level of jobs for min wage workers to move up to. Current polices have turned these jobs into career paths. Imagine graduating college and the only thing out there is serving coffee or flipping burgers? And worse, you want a raise so you can stay there. How fucked up is that?

8. I read the whole thing, actually.

What do you think he said that I didn't get?

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It's all they are qualified for. My company gets three to four inquiries for min wage jobs a day. We've spent 6 months looking for 3 engineers and haven't found one.

Other companies in my industry have the same problem. There's a skills mismatch out there.

10. Ok Arnie, instead of immediately labeling him politically as left or right, and implying he is an idiot.

Why don't you say it like this "my name is Arnie, I think everything is fine, there is no problem, and I disagree with this guy that there is a huge problem facing United States"

nice eh

#10     Jun 30, 2014