There are some big riots going on in England right now

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Aug 6, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

it is nazi doctrine but of course your remark is merely coincidental.

#41     Aug 8, 2011
  2. Its now emerging that the bullet recovered from the police officers radio may have been fired from a police weapon.

#42     Aug 8, 2011
  3. The military are unnecessary at the moment, even the police were capable enough during the big riots in Northern Ireland this year, mind you the PSNI are a hardy bunch of men and women.

#43     Aug 8, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#44     Aug 8, 2011
  5. LeeD

LeeD

Haha! Looks like you have nailed Lucrum.

#45     Aug 8, 2011
  6. Riots are bullish for stocks.

The LA race riots early 90's? Best time to buy stocks like ever.

#46     Aug 8, 2011
  7. J Ski

J Ski

In US, there have been flash mob attacks of 200-300, attacking people.
    At least in UK it seems to be looting mostly, at least for now.

#47     Aug 8, 2011
  8. LeeD

LeeD

lionking, I completely disagree with you.

Assuming the police are highly trained professionals acting in large organised groups, they should not have reason for excessive force.

In the UK only a small number of trained marsmen in the police carry a gun. As a result there was just a handful of cases in the last 10 years when a policeman killed an innocent person... and note there were as few cases when an unarmed pliceman got shot.

For comparison, in the US police use tasers routinely aginst peopel who are being disorderly or don't say "sir" to the policeman... and they kill around 200 people per year with tasers alone. Add people who get shot to death by the police because they resist arrest or hold (but never shoot) a weapon.

If Her Majesty's government wanted to prevent looting, they would have made it easy to buy and leagally own a difficult-to-conceal firearm like a shotgun and made it legal to shoot anyone who shows on private property with a weapon (such as baseball bat) and refuses to leave.

#48     Aug 8, 2011
  9. LeeD

LeeD

I think this time a reply would be fully warranted as it's zdreg who replied to your post.

#49     Aug 8, 2011
  10. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

RODNEY KING!

RODNEY KING!!

RODNEY KING!!!

no wonder i cant score any crack for my pipe - all my hommies are out looting

#50     Aug 8, 2011