Think or Swim is great but their commissions on (micro) futures are horrible

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by IronFist, Dec 2, 2021.

1. $2.25 a side plus fees.

Including micros.

2. Overnight

Overnight

If that is true, then they are robbing peeps on the micros way beyond the inverse of the Robin Hood character.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Real Money, NumberZ and thecoder like this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

That is a bit much but at least they are upfront about it unlike RobbingHood.

4. NumberZ

NumberZ

Yes I saw that ... highway robbery. I think they probably just don't really want that business?

I don't think they want any futures day traders. There is no intraday margin relief. And margins are now 125% of exchange initial margins on ES, NQ etc.

I trade stocks and options at Think or Swim. I use ninjatrader brokerage for futures.

Money Trust likes this.
  5. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

why would you trade e micro and not spy for free?

unless its a pdt thing.

6. NumberZ

NumberZ

I swing trade SPY. Biggest reasons not to day trade it instead of futures is capital requirements and wash sale rule.That is my reasons. Maybe I am wrong?

7. Commissions on micros are generally terrible everywhere. The best I can see advertised from a discount broker is ~$1/side. I think IBKR gives about $1.10/side.

The primary reason for this is they know it's mostly poor people trading micros and you must fuck the poor people as much as you can.

8. NumberZ

NumberZ

I think elitetrader sponsor AMP futures has round turn micros for $0.84/contract. Not per side. Round turn. That is with CQG data.

I am with Ninjatrader. But more expensive. Over $1.00 roundturn I think. And Ninjatrader platform is $225/quarter if you want auto stop loss and profit target. I didn't know this when doing demo. I will probably open an account with AMP. Free Multicharts. With free bracket orders.

Why not enable braket orders with platform? Very disappointed in Ninjatrader on this.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

It
    various brokers/trading platforms have various restrictions.

some don't allow you to create bracket orders.
    some don't allow you to place a stop order.
    etc

NumberZ likes this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

It is still better compared with trading CFDs.
    the CFD bid-offer spread is extremely wide.

#10     Dec 2, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.