This deadly tidal wave of macroeconomic risks will wipe out many companies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by schizo, Sep 22, 2022.

1. schizo

schizo

This period of “deadly” macroeconomic uncertainties will crush many companies with shaky fundamentals. Only those quality companies producing durable goods would survive the hard times, so says the CEO of Palantir, which is a developer of data analysis software that went public in 2020 after nearly two decades as a private company. Unfortunately, their own stock is down nearly 60% this year.

Prolly nothing. :)

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/22/pal...nomic-risks-will-wipe-out-some-companies.html

2. M.W.

M.W.

Was just about to say, says the same CEO who through internal relationships and lobbyism angled a cushy government contract that is pretty much the ONLY major client that keeps this company afloat. A completely overhyped product and service offering, and I say that with quite a bit of expertise in deep learning and AI in general.

3. Or buy the stock index which has a momentum feature built-in instead of stock picking. Most stocks over 80% or 90% of them over longer term periods do underperform buyandhold of S&P500 or Nasdaq100. So the odds of stock picking are really bad. Especially when done long only and without any leverage.

murray t turtle and Clubber Lang like this.
  4. and through the burning many more will be created and rise like a phoenix thru the ashes...

5. dekiles

dekiles

In fact, many of these risks are fairly predictable. More importantly - to understand how this will affect the results.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. OR - a deep state product not for sale on public markets? I remember reading something about Palantir being a bit nefarious.

7. M.W.

M.W.

Hard to discern all the detail, but I heard from quite informed sources that they love to obfuscate their technology because the less others know details the less questions they ask. I have not seen anything in their product offering that points to any sort of implementation of useful AI. Contrast this with the research companies like Boston Dynamics are doing and my criticism makes a lot more sense.

8. What so-called.....Deadly Tidal Wave....of Macroeconomic Risks...are you talking about -- sounds like hype, clickbait, news articles.
    Companies will survive and thrive, as they have always done.

It's only the day traders and amateurs and every random new, dumb, person who gambles....the 99.6% of the people....that attempt to day trade and understand the market.....One Day, at a Time....will lose and get wiped out and make no progress.

9. nitrene

nitrene

Palantir is just another worthless zombie company propped by the free money from the 2009-2022 Fed. All they are good at is losing money. They've lost $2.8B in the last 4 years.

What else would you expect from a worthless SPAC, in October 2020 no less.

nrstrader likes this.
  10. %%
    Good News + bad news
    Good news is that co is up a nickel from original open price;
    bad news is PE is negative -27.37 + YTD -[ minus- 60%]:D:D Value buyers may like It??

#10     Sep 23, 2022