This is courage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Herd mentality.

#71     Jan 29, 2022
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is the Politics section...a person with 1/2 a brain will not put a "Eulogy" thread in this section unless it's a "bait thread" with a hidden objective.

In contrast, there are really no appropriate thread sections at this forum for "Eulogy" except maybe the Chit Chat section like the following two threads by people that personally knows the person that died.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/another-veteran-has-passed.225982/

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...ud-wwii-military-veteran.363288/#post-5504042

I don't know the Widow but I do know about the posting habits of the thread starter that intentionally placed this thread in the Political section and not somewhere else.
    • As a reminder, this is the Political section and the posting habits of the thread starter in this section must always be considered into the purpose of their threads.
    Just as important, if this thread has no hidden objective...you yourself can easily start a Eulogy thread about this particular person or put it in one of the threads dedicated to Police Officers lost in the line of duty (there are a few old threads).

Yet, you'll notice none of those threads were posted here in the Political section...that's my point.

wrbtrader

#72     Jan 29, 2022
  3. wildchild

wildchild

Its a disgrace what happened to Jason Rivera. Pay him some respect. What happened to him and Landon Eastep are not equivalent.

Speak truth to power Dominique.

“Although you won’t be here anymore, I want you to live through me. This system continues to fail us. We are not safe anymore, not even the members of the service. I know you were tired of these laws, especially the ones from the new DA. I hope he’s watching you speak through me right now,” Dominique Luzuriaga told mourners at St. Patrick’s Cathedral as they gave her a standing ovation.

#73     Jan 29, 2022
  4. wildchild

wildchild

I am not sure what your post even relates to. How does it relate with the courage of Dominique Luzuriaga?

#74     Jan 29, 2022
  5. ipatent

ipatent

That doesn't mean it should be bereft of decency, or that those who participate in lack of decency shouldn't be called out.

#75     Jan 29, 2022
  6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Its a disgrace what happened to Eastep.Walking down the road commiting no crimes bothering no one and 30 minutes later shot dead by 9 cops.

Police accept the risk of being shot for the rewards of power over others that they want ,no more being bullied by others, a middle class salary with only a high school diploma etc.Its what they voluntarily signed up for.

#76     Jan 29, 2022
  7. wildchild

wildchild

Off topic.

#77     Jan 29, 2022
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You can call them out just as you can call out the thread starter for starting a thread as such in the Political section.

Another option, you can ask a moderator to move this thread out of the Political section.

With that said, I have not read every single message post in this thread...
    • Has anyone specifically made any negative or derogatory comment about the Widow or about the specific police officer ???
    If so, you're then correct that the person should be called out for directing such comments towards the Widow or towards the police officer that died in the line of duty.

wrbtrader

#78     Jan 29, 2022
  9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

This country is divided on policing in America.You are in a political forum trying to gain sympathy for police which leads to less accountability when they kill and brutilize citizens.

All the murdering,brutalizing,constitutional rights violating they do is fair game and on topic in a political forum.

#79     Jan 29, 2022
  10. ipatent

ipatent

#80     Jan 29, 2022