To successful Forex traders only: What is your fees % after all profits?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by salamanderforex, Oct 26, 2020.

1. To Forex gurus who are successful or very successful in Forex: What is your fees/commissions percentage that you pay at the end of the pay for your trades after all the winnings?

I would like to know your fees paid divided by your profits. I am not interested in fees / commissions structure of brokers. I am interested in real life fees/commissions *percentage you end up paying when you tally all yours winning.

Please do this and let me know your percentage:
    Fees / Profits

Thanks!

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

No commisions in Forex unless I trade Gold which is rare, it's all in the spread which is generally fixed, you could work out the Spread cost 1pt on NQ vs the average profit, 0.4pts on ES as I trade Index's on a FX spot account and don't really do FX any more.

NQ is about 1/12 so 8% (Nasdaq)
    ES is .4 / 4 so 10% ( S&P500 )

GPBUSD similar to ES can't remember Spread cost and it's not live currently so stupid.

3. Thanks for the feedback. I am not looking for how to calculate fees or what brokerage fees are.

If anyone here thinks they are running a fairly successful or very successful account in forex trading please read my post and respond. Thanks.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Those are my average profits vs the spread cost.

Doubt you'll find many people that will admit there trading Forex.

5. Tha
    Thanks. Re-read your post and I see you contributed correctly.

So 8-10% is pretty high fees brokers make. And this fee should be considered rather than their posted rates. Because day to day reality is this + added risks for clients and 0 risk for broker.

I hope someone can post about their Forex as well.

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's not Far off a proper Futures account with 0.25pt Spread and a Commission to pay.

And because I'm UK based and Trade Spot which is classed as gambling, then it's Tax free :)

20% of profits saved and less damn hassle.

7. Anywhere between 7-12%, depending on the broker I’m using.

8. maxinger

maxinger

I don't bother to check because that % is rather small.

9. virtusa

virtusa

I still don't understand the sense of asking that question.

Each trader has a different way of trading:
    • some trade frequent with small average profits, which causes a high % of commission on profits.
    • some trade not frequent with bigger average profits, which causes a low % of commission on profits.
    So what is interesting about knowing % of commission without knowing what kind of trader the person is? I really don't get it.
    The only relevant information would be to know the commission structure per trade.

Simplified example:
    Trader A pays 2 pips and has an average profit per trade of 5 pips.
    Trader B pays 20 pips and has an average profit per trade of 150 pips.

Trader A pays 2/5= 40% commission
    Trader B pays 20/150=13.33% commission
    But the broker of B is 10 times more expensive.

10. virtusa

virtusa

How can you know that these fees are high? You have no clue about the total volume that is traded. And commissions are based on volume, not on profit. So your conclusion can be completely wrong.

#10     Nov 27, 2020