TopstepTrader and Patak Trading Partners- Any and all questions answered here

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MichaelPatak, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crispy, how long have you been up and running with TST?

#811     May 21, 2013
  2. Crispy

Crispy

Oh man.

#812     May 21, 2013
  3. Crispy

Crispy

Since March 18th of this year.

#813     May 21, 2013
  4. Do you trade full time with them? Later this year I would like to give the combine a shot again, but I am going to wait for a little bit until I am positive I can meet all the goals using only 1 or 2 contracts on CL.

#814     May 21, 2013
  5. Crispy

Crispy

Technically yes. But trading is not my primary income source. I have zero pressure.

Good luck.

#815     May 22, 2013
  6. Wow! I just made a Combine by the skin of my teeth! I tried TST/Patak a couple of years with the 2 point stop which was a joke but this time with almost four I had a chance. My final Combine stats: Winning Day %50 Max Drawdown -1750 Largest Losing Day-962 Total Win % 47 Avg Win 1697 Avg Loss -774 Avg Win Duration 8:51:15 Avg Loss Duration 7:48:08

#816     May 24, 2013
  7. oh yeah I hit the profit target final acct bal:$55,312.

#817     May 24, 2013
  8. 1) Good numbers. You have to do whatever you must to get through it. :cool:
    2) Similar with other traders there, I would be most concerned that you were willing to lose $962 on your worst day. Did it occur on a Monday? If you were funded, would you be in danger of touching the weekly loss limit on the account early in the week compared to later in the week if you've accumulated profit? :confused:
    3) Your average durations are very "large". That allows you to make a lot of money when you're "right" but it increases the possiblility of "larger" losses. If you can cut losses sooner, all the better. :)
    4) Keep your consistency and start making some "real money" with it. :D

#818     May 25, 2013
  9. I agree with you about watching the loss limit. Just because we can lose up to a thousand doesn't mean we should. Don't fight the price action if wrong. The market is never wrong only traders are. My durations are long because I do alot of overnight trading. One day I took a $500 loss instead of letting it get to $900+. Reducing that loss kept me in the Combine.

#819     May 25, 2013
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

"The market is never wrong only traders are", agreed.

#820     May 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.