TopstepTrader and Patak Trading Partners- Any and all questions answered here

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MichaelPatak, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tango29

tango29

I say I would probably be willing to commit to a 17% return, but I would also be watching to verify.

#841     Jun 18, 2013
  2. That's absolutely idiotic. It's the most successful guys who I've seen trading their own capital because they don't want the hassle of having to use OPM.

If you were an excellent trader with excellent and consistent results that are proven, why would you be on a manhunt for OPM or to work at some firm? Every business is similar. Any sensible-minded auto mechanic would rather own his own shop than work for someone else to avoid risk.

I never understood the reasoning or logic behind the idea that people with good experience, education, etc would only work for a corporation. this is a farce. I personally have a BS from an ivy and an MBA from a top 5 school. I trade my own capital because I don't need to work for someone else to make profits.

Mav is smart enough to know that working for any of the Chicago firms is troublesome in that you have to trade in their particular strategy where the firm usually has an edge. I've dealt with a few in the past. There's too much self-explanation required even after they hire you. They take half your profits and then investigate you as if you owe them your life. For a lot of experienced people, trading independently is a choice surrounding a lifestyle that allows for more flexibility in spending time with the wife, children, family, to travel, to take time off, etc.

#842     Jun 18, 2013
  3. well folks I competed ltp

final stats:
    Acct balance: $3020
    Winning day % 60
    Avg Winning Day $843
    Largest Winning Day $1190
    Max Drawdown -$560
    Avg Losing Day $-510
    Largest Losing Day $-510

I traded 2 lots of emini SP at most.

#843     Jun 22, 2013
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Awesome result. It's great to see someone show everyone what can be done, when so many posters tell everyone what can't be done. :)

Would you be so kind as to share what overall style of trading produced this result? I'm curious if it Technical Analysis or Price Drivers?

:D :D

#844     Jun 22, 2013
  5. hourly candlestick price action

#845     Jun 22, 2013
  6. Rawman- What is your chat name at TST?

mp

#846     Jun 24, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good for you my man!

#847     Jun 25, 2013
  8. It looks like I will get to try out for the combine. Just finished talking to them, and they are sending me the setup instructions. I will be using Sierra Charts. I will let you know how the combine goes here unless you or they want me to start a new thread.

For today with real money I was profitable. I am not sure if I will try to trade with real money at the same time as I do the combine or if that will be too hard.

#848     Jun 25, 2013
  9. I will be doing the $ 50,000 combine. Goal is for $ 3,500 in 10 trading days and to keep losses under $ 1,000 for the day with max loss under $ 2,000 for the trial. I will work to setup some automation in Sierra Charts before I begin.

#849     Jun 25, 2013
  10. If a trader passes the combine and advances to a live account, are they still required to adhere to the TST rules (no overnight positions, no back months etc.)? I'd like to swing trade energy spreads and currencies in addition to my intraday outright trading (although the combine would be completed through intraday trading).

#850     Jul 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.