total implosion of the u.s. real estate market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the gardner, Oct 23, 2007.

1. we are not close to a btm in real estate.....its going to get really really nasty now....the homebuilders will probably slowly test their lows.....

we have entered an era when cash will truly be king g

#121     Feb 4, 2008
  2. see article wsj today pg b5a

blacklisting hits home sellers

the implosion widens

#122     Mar 5, 2008

3. Please add the following to your post it will enhance its quality :

1/ Sky is falling
    2/ Titanic is sinking while the band plays on
    3/ Real estate will never come back
    4/This is all over now.
    5/We are done.
    6/ We are in a recession that will never end.
    7/I am entitled to things I dont deserve
    8/I am a delusionally depressed psycho struggling to get out of bed today

#123     Mar 5, 2008

4. Real estate is not like a stock market that can be easily manipulated each day by institutional traders like SPX , NDX, DJIA are jacked up and down at whim. See how they never crash and burn? Why? Because they donot kill the golden goose that lays golden eggs.

If the bottom in real estate had to fall it had 2 years to do so. All the bad news are out, values have come down 5- 10 % and that is all you going to get.

People have jobs, unemployment is at 5% and as long as they can reasonably pay mortgages, real estate sellers will not sell to you cheap, unless they are forced to.

#124     Mar 5, 2008
  5. I personally watched the Texas 81-82 post Oil Boom-bust ...then I watched the SoCal defense contractor 91-93 bust.

Made major bank on the first one and a just bit on the second one.

Word to the wise....the time is right for those with actual cash in hand to be very acute in their Due Dilligence. The time is close.

#125     Mar 5, 2008

6. you have the stupidity of those who engineered this consumer lead revivial and economy where the consumer (you and me) who did not get those hefty tax refunds (which they had to borror money to pay out), were encouraged to borrow against their largest asset, namely their homes, just to engage in spending,

that deficit spending was then (under Conservatist philosophy), not viewed as a debt, but as natural buying demand...

hence the comments about how robust the US economy is and was...over the past 8 years under the Bush Administration....

and they wonder why our markets can not see and end to this abyss in sight.....

it takes a D student mentality to think that this could have worked out.....

#126     Mar 5, 2008
  7. yes owning real estate right now is exactly like rearanging the deck chairs on the titanic .......spot on

any real estate is dead money ........and is steadly loosing its value

we have entered a period of time where value vanishes

#127     Mar 5, 2008

8. Everything is dead money, except this mind of yours filled with doom & gloom.

#128     Mar 5, 2008

9. There is no real boom and bust in California or in Texas in 2008. Keep things in perspective.

The boom and bust is happening in the psychology of American consumers from real estate to stock markets and it shows.

Weak as they are, they cannot chart their ways when thing gets little less than they are used to.

#129     Mar 5, 2008
  10. ok ok so go buy somthing ...say a house .......ha ha ha ha

no really you go out and pay cash for a house.......

funny really

#130     Mar 5, 2008