Trade.com DMA trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ethilaloth, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Thanx, ur both right in some ways, I guess. At the moment I'm considering another offer. Not a DMA but looks not that bad speaking of trading fees. The firm is rather 'ancient' but is registered offshore.

#11     Apr 2, 2021
  2. Branos

Branos

well, choosing between regulated onshore business and an offshore firm with similar trading fees and conditions, the choice seems to be obvious, doesn't it?

#12     Apr 3, 2021
  3. didn't think about it as of an obvious choice, but the more I read and learn on this topic, the more I tend to agree, offshore brokers are not worth dealing with as they often act normally in the beginning but you never know what will happen tomorrow. Some offshore brokers work over 10-15 years, but still, this is not really a guarantee. Speaking of $100 depos that can probably be ok to risk, but I plan to invest more, so I'd really rather tarde with a regulated brokerage.

#13     Apr 8, 2021
  4. Wise decision. good luck with your trading! I guess the desire to minimize the trading costs often leads people astray. Good executions also relate to minimizing the costs and this is the point that traders often miss.

#14     Apr 13, 2021
  5. Branos

Branos

Absolutely! I have calculated once how many money I lose due to slippages and this was an enlightening experience. This is actually one of the reasons why I trade with trade.com now even though it is little more expensive in terms of spreads.

#15     Apr 17, 2021
  6. Good to know! So even CFD account with trade.com is good in terms of market executions accuracy? hmm, I wonder, maybe I should first try the broker with CFD account..

#16     Apr 20, 2021
  7. lol And what are you gonna find out? DMA is a completely different story. Are you even sure you need the DMA?

#17     Apr 24, 2021
  8. Well, my trading style assumes lots of trades on a daily basis, so yeah, minimizing the trading costs is essential as well as maximizing the executions sppeed.

#18     Apr 28, 2021
  9. Branos

Branos

In this case I suggest you use DMA. CFD accounts are not that cheap with Trade.com. Yeah, the min. investment is not that big, but spreads may not be suitable for scalping. When I have enough $ on account I will swith to DMA myself.

#19     Apr 29, 2021
  10. itsArtie

itsArtie

Saw this broker a few days ago, asked them if they have a Pattern Day Trader rule, they asked me to explain what that is.. lol.
    Also, their registration process goes through Interactive Brokers but they told me that they don't use IBs TWS platform. Has anyone tried the DMA account? Don't tell me their platform is web-based.

#20     Apr 29, 2021