Traders Accounting

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by qlai, Mar 6, 2021.

1. qlai

qlai

2. Ghappy21

Ghappy21

I suggest caution with TA. I had a free session. The person had "never heard of" NIIT Net Investment Income Tax. I asked 3 times to make sure that was actually the answer. Also, they suggest a LLC Partnership approach. I made it very clear (twice) that it is just me, no Wife, no Partner. This person was not a CPA, so maybe their CPAs are great but they lost my interest.

Today, I had paid session with GreenTaxTrader. I read their blogs and bought their eBook so I was well prepared. I was very happy with the session. Clear & concise answers. The approach was all about helping me vs. trying to sell anything.

wrbtrader and qlai like this.
  3. qlai

qlai

Yeah I called them and got some gate keeper who just told me to schedule paid session. I don't think I should be paying for offering them my business.

4. Ghappy21

Ghappy21

qlai, not sure about your specific needs but if you are looking to learn more about topics such as Trader Tax Status, MTM, expensing, or trading as an entity (corporation) then the GreenTraderTax site has tons of free content in blogs and videos.

5. qlai

qlai

Yes, I know, but I wanted to speak to someone who can answer specifics, like how much will you charge me? I don't think I need to pay for such query.

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Charges for what??? Filing the current tax-year with no changes to your existing situation/setup? Creating an entity? Filing appropriate timely elections? File amended tax returns? Recouping previous years losses? Maybe you're just looking for a free how-to consultation?

7. qlai

qlai

I am a prospective client, so I want to talk about my situation. Should not take more than 30 minutes. When I called, I got impression that they are overwhelmed with current and new clients. I will try again after May, once the filing deadlines are over.

8. It’s not recommended to waste your money on just anything. You better look for something that you can do for free.

9. If you are looking for some information to clear your doubts, you probably need to find a good source that can provide you with the information you are looking for.