TradeStation - A risk to your business

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by MidKnight, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. There is nothing better out there to use. They are all bad, really bad.

John

#21     Mar 14, 2005
  2. jebara

jebara Guest

If you add the platform fee on top of all the other fees it becomes the most expensive programs out there.

#22     Mar 14, 2005
  3. I meant customer service wise. I use IB for orders and Tradestation for charting.

John

#23     Mar 14, 2005
  4. I remember that one. That was specifically regarding futures. Made a huge outrage among customers which IMO was not necessary if TRAD had either practised appropriate customer service, or had done adequate hardware redundancy testing.

Interstingly, similar things happened with their FX trade server, but of course we never got answers to our concerns and questions because we are not the majority of their business.

MK

#24     Mar 14, 2005
  5. I have heard very positive things about Ensign for charting and I am going to try this. Lots of things about TS for charting are no good. Only in the recent release of TS 8.1 (which they still haven't marked me as able to receive download yet) have you been able to use more then 16 different colours.

MK

#25     Mar 14, 2005
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I just opened a TS account last month for my 30 day trial with some money to try out backtesting for my strategies.

The market is closed. I just tried calling the 1-800 customer support and it told me they had 15 min wait time. I waited on the phone listening to classical music for 50 mins and finally hung up.

I'm going to email the support for the documents needed to close the account.

I would think they would have much better service with all these TradeStation advertisement I keep getting in the mail about all the awards they keep winning.

#26     May 1, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I'm still using Supercharts 4.0 for my S&P system. I position trade. I hate that Omega Research abandoned the stand alone software package. Now, due to M$ Vista coming out and a planned hardware updgrade, I have to go out and Buy MetaStock EOD and learn it. Boo!

In any event, I highly recommend IB for futures and Forex trading as that is what I do. I don't know about the stock side of their business but if it's anything like the Forex and futures side, you're in for a pleasant experience.

#27     May 1, 2006
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Omega research has always had poor customer service. Even as far back as 1993 when Supercharts/tradestation 2 or 3 came out.

#28     May 1, 2006
  9. bootize

bootize

I see the original post is about 1.5 years old. Since then, has Tradestation improved on any of these issues? or are they still a major headache?

Just interested in feedback from users. Thanks! :)

#29     Aug 10, 2006
  10. same or worse than before. there is little to no effort to communicate with the users on tech issues, and i've also been working with TS in one capacity or another since 1998 and the omega days

#30     Aug 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.