TradeStation election related adjusted margins

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SunTrader, Oct 22, 2020.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

"Due to potential market volatility around the U.S. Presidential elections, reduced intraday futures margin rates will not be available after 4PM ET Friday October 23, 2020. All Futures accounts will be required to have full maintenance margin when trading futures products. In addition, CFE VIX Futures products will require 200% of initial margin to establish a position and 200% of maintenance margin to maintain positions. The TradeStation Trading Operations and Risk Management Teams will be actively monitoring global markets and we will advise once reduced intraday futures margins are available."

They probably won't be the only ones making changes.

TradeTune likes this.
  2. How long do you think this will last ? it has been almost 3 weeks with no reduced intraday futures margin rates... maybe I should move my account

3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Last as long as necessary I suppose. Move to broker who doesn't reduce, when they should, is not something I would do. But, of course, it is your money your call.

4. Overnight

Overnight

AMP went back to normal on Sunday night.

Hunsberger likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

And then Monday AM happened. "Hate when that happens".

6. Overnight

Overnight

...And...The margin discount is still there. So nothing happened.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Nothing happened lol.

8. AMP has great rates thanks - is the functionality of their MQL5 language similar to TS's Easylanguage? I will have a lot of translating to do

9. Overnight

Overnight

That I would not know. You could also post your question in this section.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/forums/strategy-building.34/

I think that is more "programmerish".

Hunsberger likes this.
  10. #10     Nov 13, 2020