Trading as an art form

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Dustin, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Dustin

Dustin

I'm always sweeping profits from my account so I'm not sure how to calculate. If I took an average balance then I'm up around 500-600% this year.

#51     Aug 28, 2021
    Rams Fan and MeMyself & I like this.
  2. Craig66

Craig66

I presume this is an outstanding year?

#52     Aug 28, 2021
    SPX Options Trader likes this.
  3. Dustin

Dustin

Yes, best year ever...and 2020 was my best previous to this.

#53     Aug 29, 2021
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Today was a decent day. I've had to move more into trading short-dated ETF options since stocks have quieted down, hence lots of activity in SPY/QQQ. I was long all morning which didn't really work out, then switched short with Q's and AMZN right as the market started to weaken. SKLZ was overnight calls on the momo, I had a feeling it would gap since it hasn't moved in a while. GOTU is a yolo on the momentum and very slight chance of China news that would be favorable to these. The r:r is massive, but I know it probably won't work. GME was overnight calls that almost turned amazing early on, but failed so I'm out for now. ABBV, I grabbed some quick otm puts on the spike and sold for a buck...it went $4 more. Could have been a bit more greedy there.

upload_2021-9-1_16-9-57.png

#54     Sep 1, 2021
    caroy, MeMyself & I, NoahA and 2 others like this.
  5. Dustin

Dustin

It's been a while so here was a fun day. Sometimes trading is reading the tea leaves and getting lucky (MARK and possibly BKKT tomorrow morning). Last Thursday I held some DWAC overnight for the $60 gap. Friday I caught the BENE news and got 10k shares <$11 for a sweet trade.

These past few days have been a lot of fun, hope you guys caught some. It's a yolo market again for the moment.

Capture.JPG

#55     Oct 25, 2021
    NoahA and Axon like this.
  6. traider

traider

Hi Dustin are you able to share what news sources you use?

#56     Oct 28, 2021
  7. Dustin

Dustin

Lightspeed provides free news.

#57     Oct 28, 2021
  8. Craig66

Craig66

These massive up days are great, but this whole thing would be a lot more interesting if you posted at a set interval.

#58     Oct 28, 2021
    qlai likes this.
  9. Trading is definitely an art form.

#59     Oct 28, 2021
  10. Dustin

Dustin

Many days are uninteresting and I have no desire to do that.

#60     Jan 24, 2022
    Rams Fan likes this.