Trading Basics

Discussion in 'Trading' started by schizo, Nov 15, 2023.

1. ironchef

ironchef

This post is revealing.

From this I know you are already there or almost there. :thumbsup:

#31     Nov 16, 2023
    JamesOptions and Jzwu2017 like this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

only that post that comment

#32     Nov 16, 2023
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Every posts.

I took your pontifications seriously. Some are actually quite helpful.

#33     Nov 16, 2023
  4. padutrader

padutrader

i meant i was sarcastic only in that comment/post

#34     Nov 16, 2023
  5. padutrader

padutrader

this is Gann. but i do not understand those time and price squares and how it comes abouut.

better not to get into stuff like that,

gann was amazingly right but he was badly off too at times

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    #35     Nov 16, 2023
  6. padutrader

padutrader

ther can be no doubt that market action is beautifully symmetrical but to take it further and try to predict price and tops etc using symmetry as a rule is stupid.

stock prices cannot be predicted

#36     Nov 16, 2023
    toucan likes this.
  7. %%
    Amen \i would give that book away also, \no moving averages on it LOL

#37     Nov 16, 2023
  8. schizo

schizo

As far as I'm concerned, the following rule is all there is to know about trading. It's enough to make you money, and a lot of money if you know how to use it properly.

Courtesy of Al Brooks' Trading Price Action Trading Ranges (2012). Comments in italic are mine.
    • Whenever there is a breakout, the market eventually pulls back and tests previous significant prices. (True)
    • When the market pulls back to the area of the breakout, bulls who are already long (or bears who are already short), whether or not they scalped out of some of their position on the breakout, will use the pullback as an opportunity to buy or sell again. (Of course, only in a strong trend. Note the key word: "again", or better known as "leverage")
    • On the flip side, you have the failed breakouts. Those are applied in the same manner (well, almost the same) in reverse.
    • By the same token, it's worth noting that there are minor pullbacks and failed pullbacks within the existing trend. These are also applied in the same manner.

upload_2023-11-16_15-7-45.png

#38     Nov 16, 2023
    semperfrosty and toucan like this.
  9. schizo

schizo

This is the classic textbook definition of Triangles.

Where are you focusing your gaze? Most traders believe triangles are all about breaking out of the support or the resistance. But what if I said it's more about HL and LH?

upload_2023-11-16_16-26-48.png

#39     Nov 16, 2023
  10. schizo

schizo

3-Bar Reversal. Simple and yet powerful. So simple that people ignore it altogether (at their peril).

upload_2023-11-16_19-11-25.png

#40     Nov 16, 2023