Trading Chairs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by easymon1, Aug 25, 2011.

1. It all started last summer, when Assistant Editor Maria Masters came across a shocking study in the Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise (one of dozens of research journals we comb each month as we put together the magazine). Scientists at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Louisiana analyzed the lifestyles of more than 17,000 men and women over about 13 years, and found that people who sit for most of the day are 54 percent more likely to die of heart attacks.

Here's the article with HTML links.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/most-dangerous-thing-youll-do-all-day

#11     Aug 28, 2011
  2. sonicj

sonicj

+1 for the Aeron. you can get a used one on eBay or CL for less than $500. replacements parts are easy to come by.

personally, i have (well, had. the ex gf has taken it hostage) a loaded herman miller ambi. its a very nice chair as well.
    -sj

#12     Aug 28, 2011
  3. You just killed this thread. Close the thread; the chair has been found!!! :D :D :D

Now the only thing that'll allow the thread to go on is the price tag!. A little shy of $2000!!!

#13     Aug 29, 2011
  4. Tiki, looks like you are going to be my bad influence on ET!. First it was box building, now it's sitting options! :D

I saw your ball and was quite tempted. On a serious note, how does it feel? Do you not feel that the ball will slip away and make u land on your a** or maybe that you would roll over the ball?

#14     Aug 29, 2011
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Has anybody one of these handy they could try and report back?

#15     Sep 14, 2011
  6. RL8093

RL8093

-1 for Aeron.

Five or six years ago when I was looking for a chair, I 'assumed' that I would end up with one. Considering how much time I spend in a chair each day, price wasn't a consideration. However, after doing some Google searches, I found that a number of people's legs go numb from the hard plastic that holds the seat webbing on the front of the chair. Sure enough, when I went to test chairs, my legs quickly lost feeling. I ended up with a Steelcase Leap chair.

Do a search on ET as this topic has been raised several times & some of the threads have new chairs not mentioned here.

R

#16     Sep 14, 2011
  7. #17     Sep 14, 2011
  8. Equa XR... by Herman Miller.

$300 @ Costco. I've had about 10 office chairs over the years... some high back, some plush leather... but this Herman Miller is the best office chair I've ever had.

I just checked Costco.com. They have these chairs even if local stores do not. $339-$659.

#18     Sep 16, 2011
  9. I guess chair belongs in the hardware forum...kinda funny though. anyway, I've been using this herman miller copy (mesh all-around) for 6 years now, and it's starting to break down. I'm seriously considering aeron B....but these things don't come cheap. cheapest I can find is $700.....and that's w/o the lumber support. how much did u guys pay?

#19     Sep 16, 2011
  10. What are you doing, building a pergola?

#20     Sep 16, 2011