Trading is a way of earning or hobby?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jamie J., Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Hey, guys! I hope you're fine. ;)
    The point is that I read a lot of forums, talked to many people and had a lot of questions. I wonder whether there are people who trade just for a living? Are you those who are sitting behind the monitor for longs, testing your system or strategy, or you are the one who is ready to deal with these long days in spite of the losses and profits?

2. Overnight

Overnight

I THINK what you are asking is "Are you trading part-time for extra income, or full-time for primary income"?

I am the latter, if my above posit is correct.

3. speedo

speedo

Ditto..

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

I am trading for a living IE full-time.

5. This market is more obnoxious than ever for daytrading.

Find another way to make a dishonest living. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. Mathematical fact.

The people claiming to make a living. = 10,000x the people actually making a living.

SimpleMeLike and dealmaker like this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

yep 99% lose yet 99.99% claim to be profitable.

Ego's got to love them!

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Long days will burn you out, trading is stressful, why does it have to be more than 2 - 3 hours during the ideal times ??

No point making the $$$'s if you just going to save them up for some status IMHO, get spending, go on holiday, but nice stuff and live the traders dream, coke and hookers LOL

( I don't do coke )

Max E. likes this.
  9. No one trades as a 'hobby'...whatever the heck that even means :confused:o_O
    We're not doing this because it's Fun -- it's about money. and money is usually stressful and serious.

If someone claims to trade as a hobby or part time...it's fairly safe to say, or assume, they're one of the 95%+ of traders out there that is losing money.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  10. DTB2

DTB2

Diet Coke for me...oh, never mind.:wtf:

#10     Feb 10, 2017