Trading Mentor?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by amteevan, Mar 7, 2023.

1. amteevan

amteevan

Hello! I have developed a passion for trading and am looking for guidance or mentorship on trading. I have been self taught from a small library of trading books (The Playbook by Mike Bellafiore, Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas, Volume Price Analysis by Anna Coulling, and Short Selling with the O'Neil Disciples by Gil Morales). I do swing and position trade the markets, and all of my charts are handmade, and any indicator that I may decide to use is also calculated by hand (SMA, Pivotpoints, etc.). I have been a voracious student of the markets for the last four years.Along with my charting, trading, and studying, I log my trades as well as write a review and keep a daily psych log. I also put together a playbook of my favorite trades. Sadly, I have limited access to any sort of technology as I am only given information from my father, who acts as my broker, and a stock service. I am working to be proactive in finding the outside support needed to help guide me so that upon my release, I am able to dive into trading as my profession. I have the committed drive, determination and passion to move forward and make trading my career choice. I'm uncertain as to if posting this will aide in my quest to find someone to help mentor me, but I'm willing to try. Trading is not just what I do, but it is who I am.

I appreciate the time taken to read my request and I look forward to speaking to anyone who may be interested in reaching out.

God Bless, Michael

murray t turtle, MACD, zdreg and 3 others like this.
  2. schizo

schizo

Are you by chance behind bars? :wtf: I don't think your "broker" dad would approve of your actions.

3. easymon1

easymon1

Fibonacci retracements and projections are easy to calculate. Don't forget to look into using 100% and 200% in there with the fibs.
    List of trading indicator formulas
    https://www.dogpile.com/serp?q=list+of+trading+indicator+formulas

MACD and Darc like this.
  4. Darc

Darc

I think he said he is: "that upon my release".

I think even us "on the outside" find it difficult, let alone someone without access to the Internet.

My experience, Books, the internet, E.T. and testing different ideas is all you need.

Plenty of Sharks out there will take advantage of your trading naivety. Be careful.

5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

• read every book, magazine, youtube, online etc. thing you can get your hands on or lay your eyes on. then do it all again at least 3 times, don't try and make sense of it just read.
    • work for a trading firm where they really make money - take a job as a janitor or anything to get close to the action. express your passion be sincere and humble.
    • in 10 years you might have accumulated enough info to proceed blowing out your 1st of many accounts.
    • congratulations you know you need a mentor.
    • don't tell anyone you have been trading cause a mentor will not want to hear they have to undo bad habits and conceptions.
    • remember if you could really trade now then you don't need help.

murray t turtle, Bugsy, MACD and 2 others like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

The easiest place and the most dangerous place to make money is crypto. good luck

7. Peter8519

Peter8519

@amteevan,
    You sound like Curtis "WallStreet" Carroll.

When there is a will, there is a way.

Nobert and schizo like this.
  8. %%
    I'll help you here today\
    go back to the study-Short Selling book, with the IBD bunch =Mr Morales + Dr Christian K;
    note with short sellin' patterns+ how much of those patterns [a bunch] were uptrends, in that short sellin' book.God blesses all kinds of work; except get rich quick.
    Coal miner's daughter\
    lived in a cabin on Butchers Holler
    From a mail order catalog/
    money made from sellin' a hog=Fossil fuels song/ >>Loretta Lynn>14,o77,888 video Views
    Its really that simple+ sometime harder.
    Dave Ramsey books on investments may help;
    better learn to invest also, they tend to make more than traders;
    Good buy/ some spell it good by............................................................:caution::caution:

Darc likes this.
  9. amteevan

amteevan

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this information! Take Care!!

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. amteevan

amteevan

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!! Take Care!

#10     Mar 9, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.