Trading needs the same "revolution" that martial arts went through 15 years ago

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IronFist, Sep 26, 2008.

1. brilliant, ironfist, brilliant.

truth is, ALL the top hedgies, traders I am familiar with don't charge for guidance-- most don't give it, but those few who do, its free.

surf

ps. would like to see the clips of the gurus v real fighters too!

#11     Sep 26, 2008
  2. sg20

sg20

A year of training may be, but not 2 months and against opponents like Chuck Liddel (kick boxing), Cung Le (San Chou), and many great stand up fighters I don't think they have a chance. You point is well taken but even jujitsu alone can't fight a stand up fighter. Take Tito Ortiz for example, the guy couldn't beat anyone since Ken Shamrock; fighters have evolved. Just like a fighters, traders evolve with the market, it's always the quick to adapt that survives...

#12     Sep 26, 2008
  3. While I disagree about combat jujitsu, I agree that someone always knows more... in defense or trading.

#13     Sep 26, 2008
  4. ScottD

ScottD

Ironfist, great post.

#14     Sep 26, 2008
  5. dsq

dsq

brazilian jj is great but it was brutal on the joints.I was always covered in bruises all over my body.Big ugly,multi colored bruises.I wished i could have continued learning it but at least i got some basics under the belt.

BTW,what happenned to pride fighting?It had way better fighters than ufc -by a magnitude of 10.Fedor emelienko,marc hunter,crocop,dan henderson,etc...

#15     Sep 26, 2008
  6. sg20

sg20

Pride was sold to UFC.

#16     Sep 26, 2008
  7. candles

candles

That was a thought-provoking...if not interminably long-winded post.

I like the comparison.

#17     Sep 26, 2008
  8. jjftw

jjftw

#18     Sep 26, 2008
  9. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Someone once said that ex-Marines were easy to make into good traders - discipline.

Links of Brazilian fireball shooting scantily clad girl ninjas please.

#19     Sep 26, 2008
  10. Never seen one of those, although Brazil does boast girls with one very special talent...

#20     Sep 26, 2008