Trading psychology by Brett Steenbarger

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Jzwu2017, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

http://traderfeed.blogspot.com/2022/05/intrinsic-and-transactional.html

I just read this one and find it very interesting. Most of us started trading as transactional, i.e., trying to make money from the market. As we progress along we develop a more intrinsic relationship with the market, i.e., taking a deeper interest of the market and trying learn how it works.

Then solving the puzzle takes priority over P/L. It’s not that P/L is unimportant anymore, but rather it will take care of itself when the puzzle is solved.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. [​IMG] Most here on ET have solved the puzzle long ago , and now mentor others.

3. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

Well if the puzzle is solved one should just take whatever one can from the market.

PS, I know you’re being sarcastic. :sneaky:

4. Millionaire

Millionaire

Ken.jpg Most here on ET have solved the puzzle long ago , and now mentor others :D

MACD, Fonz, KCalhoun and 3 others like this.

5. Not most

6. He's got the ol' crazy eyes

7. zdreg

zdreg

8. M.W.

M.W.

Hilarious. :D:D:D

9. zdreg is poster boy for this

16,000 posts

10. That's not the face or personality of a trader, or a truly successful one anyways.
    That's the face, eyes, and personality....of a problematic gambler who seeks the high, rush and thrill and emotions and prospect of the win.

I hate to pass judgement on someone or people so quickly, but I've always been a good reader of people.
    The bests traders are calm, neutral, quiet-looking, mute, shy, introspective and a bit borderline psycho.
    You have to peel at them slowly, and gently, like skinning a grape. Not slicing and dicing with force to a watermelon or orange.

Scientific studies have been done on facial features and personalities and people....to determine what kind of person they are, their pros/cons, strengths and weaknesses.

#10     Jun 11, 2022