Trend Question (examples)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by iamnewuser911, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sprout

Sprout

If you don't train your perception to see them then what would be true for you is that they don't exist.

It's not that they do not exist beyond your perception, it's more that another approach would be better suited to your personality and current mindset.

Price action in the markets does display fractal formations on every timescale.

The only way for you to truly understand the concept is to do drills. Otherwise you'll continue to deny their existence.

For those that understand no more proof is necessary for we have done the work and are constantly extracting money from the market.

A simple exercise is to look at a common setup in your trading timescale and then look for the same on another timescale, generally the one above or below. That is an exercise not a drill. A drill changes your long-term memory, thereby changing the base of perception,...exercise is just a possible glimpse.

#31     Sep 21, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  2. Sprout

Sprout

Respectfully, the only thing we know with certainty is our own experience.

Neural networks extended into machine learning, which continues to extend into AI.

Fractals have a mathematical basis. We can thank Mandelbrot for the contribution. Whether or not an individual can apply this concept practically is totally up to the individual.

For example, I don't understand spread trading very well nor could apply it effectively. It would be premature based on my capacity. However I do recognize it's apparent validity from those like yourself whom done the work to turn a thought into a practical thing that produces real world results for yourself. For me to argue from my limited understanding would just be a reflection of my close mindedness.

#32     Sep 21, 2017
    bone, MACD and Jeffro72 like this.
  3. #33     Sep 21, 2017
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Adjusting your display will help.
    1) Adjust your display from candles to bars
    2) Adjust your display to have the current bar about 2/3rds from left to right so that the end effect is that there is white space beyond the hard right edge of current price action.
    3) Adjust your display for a screen that puts the two charts side by side within the same browser window. Slower timeframe to the right.
    4) Draw channels as containers for PA via trendlines - just attempt it.
    5) Post a chart

#34     Sep 21, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  5. Jeffro72

Jeffro72

Fractals are just a term to describe patterns that repeat at any scale. Nothing more mysterious than that. I guess one who trades successfully (using any system) is one who is making money in the markets via fractals.

#35     Sep 21, 2017
    bone and MACD like this.
  6. MrScalper

MrScalper

I thought as much..words mean nothing in this game :)

#36     Sep 22, 2017
  7. MrScalper

MrScalper

The proof concept is also open to you :)

#37     Sep 22, 2017
  8. MrScalper

MrScalper

You will be much better off to watch Sesame Street and look out for the chap with the cloak :)

#38     Sep 22, 2017
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

You make a living from the markets.. although it might be akin to selling shovels and pans..so what do you really know about showing others how to fend for themselves..a few simple lines will suffice!

#39     Sep 22, 2017
  10. bone

bone

Clicked on your name and read through your posts... enough said. You certainly don't post anything of value and you act like a douche to most everybody.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    #40     Sep 22, 2017