Trump vs. DeSantis: Let's get ready to rumble!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Sep 28, 2022.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Ron DeSantis privately calls Trump a ‘moron’ and vents about him running for president
    The Florida governor also reportedly plans to go on a ‘full frontal attack’ should the two MAGA Republicans faceoff against one another in the presidential election
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ump-moron-private-conversations-b2176330.html

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has privately vented to staffers that Donald Trump, a likely contender for the Republican presidential ticket in 2024, is a “moron” and has no business running for the Oval Office for a second time.

The revelations about the inside murmurings from the Republican governor arrive from a deeply reported Vanity Fair profile, which tracks the firebrand Florida politician’s rise from a controversial figure in the GOP to a likely challenger in the 2024 presidential election.

Though the governor has been mum publicly about any animus he holds towards the former president, behind closed doors it’s apparently a different story.

Former staffers for the Florida Republican reportedly told Vanity Fair that, “[DeSantis] calls him a TV personality and a moron who has no business running for president”.

Elsewhere in the report, donors for Mr DeSantis describe how the man who seems to have successfully taken up the mantle of being a champion for MAGA Republicans plans to go on a “full frontal attack” should he be forced to face off with the man who birthed the movement in 2015.

“DeSantis says the only way to beat Trump is to attack him head-on,” one GOP source briefed on conversations told Vanity Fair. “He says he would turn to Trump during a debate and say, ‘Why didn’t you fire Fauci? You said you would build the wall, but there is no wall. Why is that?’”

The revelations about Mr DeSantis sniping at Mr Trump, who credits himself for landing the firebrand politician in the governor’s mansion in Florida, arrive as a separate report found that the one-term president can also be rather two-faced when it comes to discussing his potential 2024 rival.

According to a new book from New York Times journalist Maggie Haberman, Mr Trump has reportedly described Mr DeSantis as “fat,” “phony” and “whiny”.

Former Trump aides confided in the veteran White House reporter for her upcoming book, Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America, claiming that they’d overheard conversations where the president painted his potential 2024 rival in unflattering terms while simultaneously credited himself for delivering him an election victory in the governor’s race.

“I heard that Trump was describing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in similar terms, calling him ‘fat,’ ‘phony,’ and ‘whiny,’ while claiming credit for making his candidacy in 2018,” Ms Haberman writes.

During an appearance on the right-wing Newsmax channel in the summer, Mr Trump was asked by the host what his thoughts were on the Florida governor making a run for commander-in-chief on the GOP ticket, a matchup that the former US president has indicated he would surely win if he did decide to run.

“Well, I don’t know that he wants to run, you know, I have a good relationship with Ron,” the one-term president began, before adding: “But I was very responsible for him getting elected, as you know,” he said.

Neither Mr Trump nor Mr DeSantis have announced their bids for the White House, but it has been widely speculated that both men have been soft launching their campaigns for the past few months as they engage in national profile-raising activities.

For Mr DeSantis, that has looked like sending two planes of migrants from the US southern border and dropping them in Martha’s Vineyard, despite not telling the people onboard where they were actually headed.

As for Mr Trump, the past few months have been spent stumping for MAGA Republicans he’s endorsed for various midterm races across the country, using the public events as pseudo-Trump rallies evocative of his runup to the 2016 election.

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

New Audio Shows Trump Bragging His Endorsement Got DeSantis Elected: ‘Ron, You’re at 3%, You Can’t Win’
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-aud...desantis-elected-ron-youre-at-3-you-cant-win/

Former President Donald Trump bragged to Maggie Haberman his endorsement of now Florida Governor Ron DeSantis got him nominated, and eventually elected in 2018.

Trump made the statement to the New York Times reporter as he sat with her for her new book Confidence Man. She shared it exclusively with CNN’s Erin Burnett.

In an audio clip played on OutFront Tuesday, Trump said DeSantis, then a House Republican, asked for his endorsement when he was running for governor:

He was at 3%. He was a great defender of mine in the Russian hoax. He was on television. But the people of Florida didn’t associate with him with the word “Governor.” In other words, they saw him constantly defending me on Russia, Russia, Russia.

But, you know, oftentimes you see that, but you don’t say, “Oh, he’s going to be governor. He said, “I’d love your endorsement.” I said, “Ron, you’re at 3%. You can’t win.” He said, “If you endorse me, I can.” And I said, “Well, look, you never know, but it’s not going to be easy, this guy’s been running for eight years.”

DeSantis won the GOP nomination and went on to defeat Democrat Andrew Gillum by 0.4%.

Four years later, DeSantis is leading Democrat Charlie Crist in the polls – and he is believed to be perhaps the one Republican capable of taking Trump on in 2024.

After Burnett played the clip from Trump’s discussion with Haberman, the latter said Trump views DeSantis as a threat to him:

There is no potential candidate in the Republican field who Trump has talked about more to aides than Ron DeSantis. It is a constant, running discussion. And you really caught that, I think, in what he wass saying to me, where he believes he made Ron DeSantis.

Now, Donald Trump believes he makes a lot of people who he doesn’t make. He definitely helped DeSantis in 2018. But one of the things I explore in Confidence Man is how he believes that if he does something for someone, they owe him fealty for life, including the exclusion of their own future ambitions.

Haberman claims in her book that Trump has described DeSantis as “fat, phony and whiny.”

Watch above, via CNN

(Article has video)

4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Trump replies to DeSantis' endorsement of a Colorado Republican who discouraged GOP from supporting a Trump 2024 bid: 'Big Mistake'
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...-of-anti-trump-republican-big-mistake-2022-10
    • Former President Trump said Florida Gov. DeSantis was making a "mistake" by endorsing Joe O'Dea.
    • O'Dea once said he hoped Trump would not run for president in 2024.
    • Trump called O'Dea, a GOP candidate for Senate in Colorado, a "RINO," or a Republican in Name Only.
    Former President Donald Trump responded to reports that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis endorsed anti-Trump Republican candidate Joe O'Dea, taking to his Truth Social platform on Sunday evening to say it was "A Big Mistake."

DeSantis recorded a robocall advertisement for O'Dea, touting the candidate as the right choice for Senate in Colorado.

"America needs strong leadership and desperately. That's why I'm endorsing Joe O'Dea for US Senate. Colorado, please vote for Joe O'Dea," DeSantis says in the recorded message O'Dea posted on Twitter. "I've watched Joe from a distance. And I'm impressed."

O'Dea, a center-right candidate, has voiced his disapproval of Trump and previously said he would not like to see Trump as president again.

"I think that seeing a Biden-Trump rematch again in 2024 would rip the country apart," O'Dea said on "The Ross Kaminsky Show" in August. "I think a lot of people are ready to move our country forward. So, I wouldn't support him running again."

On Monday Trump called O'Dea a "RINO," or a Republican in Name Only, and discouraged his supporters from voting for him in the general election.

"MAGA doesn't Vote [sic] for stupid people with big mouths. Good luck Joe!" Trump wrote on Truth Social, referring to O'Dea.

O'Dea is currently competing to represent Colorado in Congress against incumbent Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet. Bennet is currently leading by 7 percentage points, according to a Marist College poll from Oct. 11.

FiveThirtyEight predicts Bennett will win the Senate race in November.

O'Dea beat his primary opponent Ron Hanks, a pro-Trump candidate who was not endorsed by Trump, in June, and has received support from prominent Republican George W. Bush, who previously denounced the Jan. 6 riots.

A silent war has been brewing between DeSantis and Trump as speculation grows that both Republicans could run for president in 2024. DeSantis has become an increasingly popular option among Republicans, while Trump seems to be going after the Florida governor by insulting him behind closed doors.

Representatives for DeSantis, Trump, and O'Dea did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.

6. With body language like that , Trump would turn Rhonda into dog food.

gwb-trading likes this.
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

9. trump is one of the few people who relishes murder suicide but then fails to follow through on the suicide..... he will go after desantis with everything he has because he really does not care and will say whatever it takes. He proved that in 2016. he went after cruz and rubio's wives and destroyed them without suffering any blowback.

GOP has to decide that if desantis is their next golden boy, they need to neutralize trump so he does not destroy their chances IMHO. GOP has to live with its mistake like Dems have to live with Biden but the probelm on the GOP side is trump will go scorched earth on anyone not him. Dems have not figured out what to do in 2024 yet.

10. Atlantic

Atlantic

#10     Oct 28, 2022