Trying to Manage these Trading Combines. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by legionx, May 28, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

BULLSHIT. There was no trading halt on the CME in any market. The last time was in Mar/April 2020. Their sim engine is trying to fuck you at the drive-thru.

#101     Aug 28, 2022
    Laissez Faire, legionx and ZTrader888 like this.
  2. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

Absolutely correct.

#102     Aug 28, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. trade2020

trade2020

or better yet just start a competing company to Lee Loo

#103     Sep 3, 2022
    legionx likes this.
  4. legionx

legionx

So, this was my journey to get funded. Sadly I Dqe’d on step 4 ☹. I received a payout of a bit

over 4k which was positive but not very. The thing is I was trading aggressively from 3rd step

into 4th, but it caught up to me. I have time now, don’t have to worry about money for a bit so

I can just focus on doing it again, but this time be funded for a much longer time. Also, I had to

fight to receive my payout. Step 3 stated that you receive Reimbursement of the Challenge as

well as 80% in profit. One of the agents through email told me that my account had to be

positive on the 4th Step to get my payout on the 3rd Step. Obviously, I don’t see that on the

website, and they illustrated that it was in the contract by highlighting it. I really wanted to

tell them that was some mathematical perplexity which only a lawyer would comprehend. I

was upset and felt cheated, but I pulled my sleeve up and traded for one hour in which I

made back the 2k in order to get my payout. I was so excited, and I wrote the agent an email

which stated that I was in the positive and will be waiting for my payout. She did not respond

back that day but two days later and guess what. You guessed it, my account was negative

and so I was not qualified for the payout on Step 3. After hearing this, I told her how

convenient that she would email me when I am in the negative…

Several days later I was surprised to see the funds in my account, and not a word or email

from them on it. Flavio by the way was very helpful and attentive in discussing information

and issues with.

BTW, they have a Custom Challenge but I would not do it since it’s only for step 1 and 2 and

so you will go back to the regular from step 3. I will have to buzz them on my refund since I

did not receive it yet.

#104     Sep 17, 2022
  5. legionx

legionx

Elite Trader Funding is a NO for me since they have not gotten their act together or just do not want to. Too many issues with the data of Liquid Threshold but blaming it on Rhitmic. I was trading 5 accounts, got them from the 75% sale, the market stopped me out prematurely because their Threshold did not update. They have the AutoLiquidate Threshold that other companies use as the maximum drawdown, but they use it for your daily Drawdown and so every day it should be updated. I do not know if they are on trickeries or what. I told them it was only fair to reset my accounts which to problem was on their end, but they thought it was only fair to give me earned points to reset one account lol. I did not hit my maxDrawdown since I had 400 dollars left so I Just cancelled my accounts and moved on.

#105     Sep 17, 2022
    jeffco likes this.
  6. GotherL

GotherL

That has me a bit worried. I just signed up for the 100k fast track evaluation.

Trading 1 ES contract at a time to be safe since I don't understand drawdown calculations.

Trailing drawdown did not change and max drawdown is $375.58 ATM over 16 trades.

#106     Oct 10, 2022
  7. legionx

legionx

I just looked at the fast track and it appears you will experience the unrealized PNL. Say you have 100k to start with but your total drawdown is 3000. If you have a position open and up $100 ,but your risk is $200 on the trade and market stops you out then your drawdown is 3000-100-200=2700. That’s why End of day is better so you won’t experience that Knee-jerk-of-a-characteristic.

#107     Oct 10, 2022
  8. GotherL

GotherL

Yeah, it's a bs mathology like theta decay.

I was only 25% away from the profit goal. Then overtraded a choppy market and hit my trailing drawdown yikes!

Guess, I should try again but with better risk management next time! It would be nice if you can implement daily loss/profit trigger within their platform but for obvious reasons they won't allow it!

I get they make most of their revenue from clients failing their evaluations. It's a rather shady business tactic.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    #108     Oct 12, 2022
    legionx likes this.
  9. legionx

legionx

So I am on step 4 now but will not rush it since profits can be taken out before reaching the 5k target and also they do reset the drawdown for the next month once you are in profit, as far as I can remember. With ideas and rules being updated, I will have to look into that again. Send an invoice for my payout on Step 3, but it's been just a day so but will update you on payout. Last time they said it will take about 15 days or business days not sure.

#109     Oct 25, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  10. legionx

legionx

Happy Holidays Everyone.

So, from September to now the payout I received from Savius LLC was about $9032. The payments went to my account on the 14th of the month. Although my last payment of 3831.60 was on the 21st of this month because of some miscommunication on their part, I do not have any issues with this company. Customer service on the platform is good, they are more on the technical side of things, emailing responses takes a day to several days to be replied to sometimes. They have a discord, but I do not participate, don’t really understand discords to be honest :). My account does not look too well, I have about $100 left to trade with sadly. I can come back from that, but the odds are not in my favor :(.

Oh, forgot to mention that their platform does not lag, and execution is on point with the VolSys. I did not get any slippage on the Non-Farm Payroll stopped out trade compared to rhitimic on the NT with a different company that day of twice my stop fyi.

My two favorite firms in the trading category thus far are Savius and Uprofit. Uprofit just gained more props for having the static drawdown which is a big deal.

One of my main issues with Uprofit is besides the 40 days wait for full 80% profit split, is that they do not have scaling in the evaluation but do in the live account. That is a psychological disadvantage for a trader unless that trader does the scaling in the evaluation on their own to prepare for the live account which would be wise.

I am doing my best not to lose the Savius account. If I can make 150 then 500 dollars that would be a huge confidence boost. I may try the Uprofit, just gotta look to see if I can afford it. I read also that the one-time fee is 150 for this account so that’s 500 total provided that I passed.

#110     Dec 25, 2022