Trying to Manage these Trading Combines. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by legionx, May 28, 2020.

1. TRS

TRS

Your time and your money but I wouldn’t be jumping from firm to firm with evaluations and hurrying with resets. Dial in your ‘edge’ before rushing in and burning capital. I also suggest you stay away from any ‘prop’ firm with a trailing max drawdown rule. It’s just there to stack the odds in the favor of the house. You already have to beat spread and commish without adding a layer of unnecessary difficulty.

#21     Jul 2, 2020
    DrCornwallis likes this.
  2. Franz

Franz

#22     Jul 4, 2020
  3. yes but you can still trade spx500 and Nasdaq 100 through them just not with futures - but for very short term trading - daytrade - it doesn’t make much difference when you factor in the FTMO fixed drawdown they offer ( but can’t trade futures( versus “trailing drawdown” of other companies (but ability to trade futures)

in other words - in my opinion a fixed drawdown in forex of $10,000 (their biggest Acct drawdown at FTMO) That allows you to withdraw all profits to zero and still have full $10,000 drawdown to start trading with over and over is much better than the Highest trailing drawdown offered by most other firms of $3,500 to $4,500 and give you the ability to trade CME futures with that trailing drawdown As you can not withdraw profits to zero (and still trade afterwards) with any of those as they will close your Acct

#23     Jul 4, 2020
  4. legionx

legionx

Alright, I had a great 3 days and a miserable 4th day. LeeLoo has a never ending trailing until funded and does not have a Daily Loss Limit. I'll try again some other time, maybe. I am back with OneUp since my only disaster plan was a stoploss and just could not adhere to my personal daily loss limit. OneUp can adjust that physically for me, so I will have them adjust it before the stock market opens tomorrow. Goals: 400 Daily Loss Limit, 1200 dollars per week profit, First Trade loss== done trading for the day. I finally got the courage using one timeframe, believe it or not :). Stems for accuracy and less confusion. Results would be in at the end of the week.

#24     Jul 5, 2020
  5. legionx

legionx

This week would be considered a lazy week by my standards. I tried the 400 dollars daily loss limit but since it is one account, it's too minimal for me and so today I asked OneUp to up the Daily Loss Limit to 1k. So I have basically 3k out of 5k to spend before failed. This area imo would be considered the starting of the yellow zone. Results are not so good this week but should bounce back next week.

#25     Jul 10, 2020
  6. TRS

TRS

Following on from my earlier post and tracking a similar tangent...
    Have you estimated how much your spend has been on the combine/evaluations attempted to this point in time?
    Have you been able to achieve the requirements of these evaluations within the specified parameters in a paper trading environment?
    Do you have a quantifiable edge......?

#26     Jul 10, 2020
    traderjo likes this.

7. How’s the trading so far? Also, which of the funded firms do you prefer out of those you have tried?

#27     Aug 17, 2020
  8. legionx

legionx

@theOrangebarron, trading is fine. It's not where I want to be but I am still struggling with my

attitude. Like today I just blew my account of SpeedUP because I was just bored, sigh.

The Upside, I am sending in my results later to LeeLoo Trading, since I will reach the

requirement to be funded once I execute a trade when market opens. I will do the same for

OneUpTrader but 15 days end on the 4th, which is my birthday :). So a good birthday present

for me in passing two combines sequentially. All these were 50k accounts so my trading did not

have to adjust drastically. As for which company I like best? I think I have to go with

OneUpTrader since they have been great all around with transparency and customer service. As

far as I know,Smb is no more so no comment on them. What is not inspiring for me to take on

Earn2trade again is their contract which I would consider double dipping. If you do not take out

any funds monthly, they will still take their 20% percent. That's a red flag unless someone from

Earn2Trade can shed some light on this. TopStepTrader is good but I do not like their weekly

loss limit of 1k on the 50k. I think it should not have a weekly loss limit, so I would have to

take the 300k account for the cheapest if I have to go that route. You can get 20% discount

once speaking to Mike on your first account if asked, may not be guaranteed though.

#28     Sep 2, 2020
    theOrangebarron likes this.

9. Why do you consider the fixed withdrawal period as "double-dipping"? Helios never takes more than 20% on total profit. Money is not withdrawn on the same profit twice.

#29     Sep 2, 2020
    FlashGordon and theOrangebarron like this.
  10. legionx

legionx

I do apologized Mr. Alexander for the misunderstanding. Anyone reading the "exampled offer" might probably think the same thing if it is not worded clearly as in "Fixed withdrawal period" and "Money is not withdrawn on the same profit twice". I still think Earn2Trade approach is unfair to the trader because it would be more challenging to compound profits in order to increase size. Why not take profit only from a trader's withdrawal instead? Doesn't that take away an adverse psychological feature from the trader? Trust! Does a trader really have to monitor if you all are taking out the right amt every time when not looking? What if with all that trading, a trader's profit was one dollar that month, would you still take 20% off that then?

I guess Earn2Trade want's to be more sure that besides the trailing, to pocket money a different way. You might ask yourself, "what if a trader decides to blow that hard earned money in one day, where is my share?"

Don't get me wrong, every business model have their pros and cons. For instance, TST has two combines, maybe three if counting the performance account, before being funded. Their 1k loss limit per week on the 50k is left to be desired. Now instead of the closed trailing, they have included the trailing in the open orders on the live account.

OneUpTrader has not changed much just the fact that their commission for the standard instrument is the same as the micros? Really? I guess we all know what they really want us to be trading. Leeloo Trading has a forever trailing and only in live account it will stop at 100 dollars+ profits of your initial maximum drawdown profit. They do not have a scaling plan which is good but very very bad. I love their 10 day minimum to be funded as well as SpeedUp too.

Where is the futures company that have one combine/tryout, that does not have a trailing, does not have a time limit to be funded, that has a onetime fee, and if funded will cover all the cost?

#30     Sep 2, 2020