TSLA: Musk to sell 10% of stake

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JamesJ, Nov 7, 2021.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

@ $1200+ a share and 3.3 million votes (as of time of OP above) how many do you suppose that would be?

Being rhetorical obviously as who knows. My guess, a lot more who don't own - in this social media age.

#11     Nov 7, 2021
  2. BKR88

BKR88

Did Elon give a heads-up to his brother? :)

a.Musk.png

#12     Nov 7, 2021
    NoahA and JamesJ like this.
  3. i think he'll buy crypto - seriously. maybe SHIB. i think he likes to make a mockery of things, and if SHIB moons he figures the hodlers will buy a Tesla.

#13     Nov 7, 2021
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

holy shit! Are you saying Elon’s brother sold 100mm before Elon tweeted market moving information?

how the fuck is Elon not in jail yet!?!

#14     Nov 7, 2021
    NoahA likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

#15     Nov 7, 2021
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Elon Musk faces a $15 billion tax bill, which is likely the real reason he’s selling stock

No matter the results of the poll, Musk would have likely started selling millions of shares this quarter. The reason: a looming tax bill of more than $15 billion.

Musk was awarded options in 2012 as part of a compensation plan. Because he doesn’t take a salary or cash bonus, his wealth comes from stock awards and the gains in Tesla’s share price. The 2012 award was for 22.8 million shares at a strike price of $6.24 per share. Tesla shares closed at $1,222.09 on Friday, meaning his gain on the shares totals just under $28 billion.

#16     Nov 7, 2021
  7. Gotta be the biggest flex of this era for letting a twitter poll decide that

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    #17     Nov 8, 2021
  8. If he does this DOGE or BTC will pump.

#18     Nov 8, 2021
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

He has got till next Aug to exercise ops and sell shares. No biggie.

#19     Nov 8, 2021
  10. RGLD

RGLD

Good thing I hedged, but isn't this market manipulation? I don't see how it's not looked at that this guy can send 1 Tweet to send the stock flying in one direction or another.

Didn't he already pay a fine before for Tweeting going private?

This might be his plan to get the shorts interested again than squeeze them out with another pop. To my memory, Musk despised his short sellers in the past, he still might be holding a grudge.

#20     Nov 9, 2021