$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

#2481     May 12, 2021
  2. VicBee

VicBee

Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk on Thursday showed off a new lap record for the company's long-range electric sedan, the Model S Plaid, at the Nurburgring race track in Germany.

What Happened: Musk took to Twitter to reveal that a completely unmodified and straight-from-factory Model S Plaid has set the speed record for a production electric car at the prestigious Nurburgring track.

The Model S Plaid clocked a lap record of 7:30.909 for unmodified EVs, handily beating an earlier Porsche Taycan’s time by 12 seconds achieved in August 2019.

Tesla Model S Plaid just set official world speed record for a production electric car at Nurburgring. Completely unmodified, directly from factory. pic.twitter.com/AaiFtfW5Ht

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 9, 2021

In a separate tweet, Musk revealed that Tesla plans to race a modified Plaid with added aero surfaces, carbon brakes and track tires next.

The Nurburgring race track is popular for its length and technical difficulty.

Why It Matters: Musk’s social media post comes on the heels of Tesla Model S Plaid receiving a scathing review from Edmunds, an automotive inventory and information resource that also tests cars.

The Tesla Model S Plaid is nothing more than a marketing exercise designed to draw attention to an aging car. Also, the yoke is a joke. Our full review of the fastest car we’ve ever tested: https://t.co/f1SkdDmRhI pic.twitter.com/A1UUKWODEV
    — Edmunds (@edmunds) September 7, 2021

As per Edmunds, the Model S Plaid is “a “waste of money,” and that it’s not worth its price of $130,000.

Price Action: Tesla shares closed 0.13% higher at $754.86 on Thursday.

Click here to check out Benzinga's EV Hub for the latest electric vehicles news.

Photo: Courtesy of Tesla

Copyright © 2021 Benzinga (BZ Newswire, http://www.benzinga.com/licensing). Benzinga does not provide investmentadvice. All rights reserved.
    Write to editorial@benzinga.com with any questions about this content. Subscribe to Benzinga Pro (http://pro.benzinga.com).

#2482     Sep 10, 2021
  3. VicBee

VicBee

Figured it's more fun to gloat on 2 TSLA threads!

Where haters be?!?

#2483     Oct 18, 2021

4. Edmunds is the new Bob Lutz

#2484     Oct 18, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  5. VicBee

VicBee

They've been hating Tesla since day 1. Quite unprofessional really.

#2485     Oct 18, 2021
  6. RGLD

RGLD

I've had Tesla for a whole year now but I stopped following it due to other concerns about inflation..

Anyone just give me the short version of why it's trending? I don't own enough shares to do anything life changing with my profit. Maybe I can buy the new PS5 this holiday.

#2486     Oct 18, 2021
  7. VicBee

VicBee

Yes, yes... like I posted on the other TESLA thread, if you've bought TSLA in January, you're probably wondering what the excitement is all about because you're still down from the 900 high.
    The good news is, shorts have lost so much money in 2020 ($38B) and 2021 that they're giving up (Michael Burry) and today is the lowest its ever been at 3.2% of float and may explain some of the share price steady climb since May.
    [​IMG]
    Of course, Q3 numbers have surpassed even highest expectations and that may also account for the climbing share price. I'm optimistic to see TSLA reach a new high before year end.

#2487     Oct 18, 2021
  8. VicBee

VicBee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2488     Oct 21, 2021
  9. RGLD

RGLD

I actually bought it after april so I'm positive for the year for Tesla. Like I said, don't own enough for anything life changing. Probably gonna sell it so I can buy a PS5.

#2489     Oct 21, 2021
  10. SammyJ

SammyJ

I called $900 on TSLA spot on 4 weeks ago when it was in the low $700’s . That was easy as it resisted falling as mkt was weak. Rang the register today .

#2490     Oct 21, 2021
    VicBee likes this.