$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RGLD

RGLD

Are you saying that is the top? I think it might go a little higher.

#2491     Oct 22, 2021
  2. SammyJ

SammyJ

No I’m not calling it a top . We all know how big round #’s like $1000 and $1 trillion cap are like a magnet . If mkt does ok into yr end I’d certainly expect a challenge of that . The mkt seems to be embracing stocks as a way to outrun inflation . The 10 yr should be 5-7% right now and it’s still 1.7% because of the fed . The fed has made a major policy error . If rates sky and the economy flattens to falls then asset prices will tumble . But till then enjoy .

#2492     Oct 22, 2021
  3. I just realized that the trademark used for tesla, the downward sweeping T , looks like the front of the hood. It looks like they designed the image into the hood and the grill.

I [​IMG]

#2493     Oct 22, 2021
  4. RGLD

RGLD

Are you jumping on the fed tapering train? I think that is the only thing that can derail the market right now, any hints of the fed tapering back would indicate it's time for a correction. I don't think Tesla would be that much effected though.

I don't even know why people looking at financial statements anymore when the fed has so much influence over the market now. I hate doing all that research only to find out the fed is tapering and my "good" pick would be down anyway.

Is it safe to assume when you see Teslas usually Model S (rare) or model 3? Every Tesla i see in my state is a model 3 and I've seen a few S's.

Although I know Tesla has other models, everyone only seems to stick to two. For example I've never in my life seen a Model Y or that "truck" before. I live in the city.

[​IMG]

There's an Model X!??!? News to me...

Now that I think about it, the model 3 and model Y do look the same (Y is a little bigger).. Maybe I thought Y's were 3's.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    #2494     Oct 22, 2021
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.

5. I live in the Dallas area, and I see Teslas every day. But, I see about 25 Model 3's for every Model S.

I rode in a Model 3 once when I took an Uber. It was clean and refined. The door 'handle' was interesting, but it was a harsh ride. But, the road needed repairs and there were a lot of potholes. So, I don't consider that a negative.

The first time I saw a Model S, it was broken down on the side of the road with a tow truck. The owner did not look too happy......lol

I saw a Model Y at Home Depot once, but that is the extent of my Tesla watching.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    #2495     Oct 22, 2021
  6. RGLD

RGLD

Is it true you don't pay income tax in Texas? I don't know what Income tax is.. is it state, city or federal? I have to pay all 3... Does that mean Texans don't pay any and keep 100% of your paycheck?

#2496     Oct 22, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Texans do not pay state income tax. Like Florida and a handful of other states.

But everyone in every state has to pay federal tax.

People residing and working in NYC have to pay federal, state, and city (local) taxes. On top of the sales tax, gas tax, land tax, phone tax, tax, tax, tax....

#2497     Oct 22, 2021
  8. RGLD

RGLD

I'm in NYC just like you Jim. (Saw you getting a hotdog outside CNBC building one time ).

If my wife agreed, we'd move to Texas, pretty tired of the taxes on everything here and the city is still broke.

#2498     Oct 22, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I'm not in NYC, but grew up there. I'm in Crapachusettes now.

Try to convince yer wife to move to Texas, you will probably have a much more relaxed lifestyle.

#2499     Oct 22, 2021
  10. RGLD

RGLD

Must be a long drive to CNBC building every day.

Oh wait, they probably send you the corporate heli.

#2500     Oct 22, 2021