UK futures brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by globalarbtrader, Dec 7, 2020.

1. So for obvious reasons, can anyone recommend a UK regulated broker which offers futures and an API, and doesn't have the initials "I" and "B" in their name.

GAT

2. IG. They offer decent spreads on the ES under spreadbetting accounts which are tax free.

3. Sorry to be clear I want actual futures not spreadbets or CFDs

GAT

4. Ah!

Good luck, keep me posted if you find anything. I am UK based myself and struggle with Futures and Options brokers outside of IB.

5. DevBru

DevBru

Just wondering, why does it has to be UK regulated?

6. ... because I live in the UK?

GAT

7. DevBru

DevBru

And why does that matter?

What is the advantage of going with an UK regulated broker compared to a broker regulated in the USA?

I do not live in the UK so i have no idea, maybe for tax advantages or something?

8. They have to be UK regulated, I don't care where they are actually based.

Interactive brokers is UK regulated, but of course they are also a US company.

A broker who is operating in the UK without being regulated would be breaking the law. For obvious reasons, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near them.

GAT

9. DevBru

DevBru

So by law you cannot use brokers like AMP, Dorman, Advantage, ... or you just don't trust them because they are not regulated by the FCA?

If i am not mistaken R.J. O'Brien also has a UK division like IB does.

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

https://www.cqg.com/partners/fcms You could use the CQG or TT api with adm U.K.(archer Daniels midland) or a prop shop like GH financials which is U.K. registered. Rj o Brien have a U.K. operation. Marex U.K. Sucden U.K. Details on link.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    #10     Dec 7, 2020