US 2-year Note future prices into a Google Sheet

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Svalbards, Oct 15, 2022.

1. I've tried to get US 2-year Note future prices into a Google Sheet using the =googlefinance("CBOT:ZTZ22","price") function. For some reason I get #NA.

Google Finance seem to support the price but not in function. https://g.co/finance/ZTZ22:CBOT

Does anyone know how to make it work?

2. SunTrader

SunTrader

This is what I found .... using Google to get the stock price of .... Google. {Appears to be an echo in here}.

To list the Google stock price, taken at the same time daily for 2019, you type:
    =GOOGLEFINANCE("GOOG", "price", DATE(2019,1,1), DATE(2019,12,31), "DAILY")

3. Looks to be the same for all other popular CBOT products as well.

upload_2022-10-15_14-37-13.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    nrstrader likes this.
  4. Databento

Databento Sponsor

If you just want daily prices for those symbols you've shown, you can get it through us in CSV. It should be trivial to import it into a spreadsheet. Message me and I'll send you an invite to set up a free test account.

We also support smart expiry in our symbology so you can specify to autopeg to the lead month contract. Note this is different from a "continuous contract" as you'll get the real prices of the actual lead month contract, rather than a roll-adjusted synthetic price series. This is very useful in your case as some of the symbols you've listed (say GE) have many changing lead months over a 1 year period.

5. In what way would this be any better than, say, Yahoo Finance - which gives you daily prices without the need for any "free usage credit"?

6. Databento

Databento Sponsor

In practice, it's very hard to exhaust our free usage credit by consuming daily prices. And it will let you set a max spending limit to remain a free user.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  7. Er... thanks. Not that I was asking for a full-on sales prezzo; just some compelling reason to use one over the other. I will note that, despite the massive copy-pasta, you haven't demonstrated one (although the last bullet point was a nice try): most of the above pertains to much finer-grained usage than simple daily prices, and includes a whole hell of a lot of FUD. Much more than a company with a quality product should be throwing.

The #N/A came from automatic retrieval via the GOOGLEFINANCE() function; you're not offering anything comparable. I get the need to advertise your gadget, but this is a very poor answer for the question that was actually asked. Perhaps consulting with one of your AEs would be of use? They could tell you about things like qualifying a prospect to see if they're a good fit for your product before trying to sell it.

8. Databento

Databento Sponsor

As mentioned, the data's free and I was just trying to help OP. You don't have to take personal affront from that.

I've shortened my post to stay on topic.

9. It was an appropriate reaction to a wall of sales text where a single sentence with relevant information would do. You've demonstrated that you understand that point quite well, so no need to project an affront to justify yourself.