Using nature and natural eco and bio systems to style your trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Boy Plunger, Aug 28, 2005.

1. You hit the nail right on the head with that analogy. :D

I would like to say though that i do not care for analogies in general. Studying behavior and eco/bio sysytems can help me in trading without drawing any analogies--just observation. Sorry to get specific. But, i enjoy reading your posts. Thanks. :)

#21     Sep 2, 2005
  2. yeayo

yeayo

I'm waiting for Jack Hershey to get in here, then it should get interesting.

#22     Sep 2, 2005
  3. We are all awaiting his gracious presence but until then life goes on.

Who is Jack Hershey? I read that he teaches people to trade using his methodology and perception. How un-American. :D Nonetheless, i am interested in everyone's thoughts and comments.

#23     Sep 2, 2005
  4. FWIW, the class of algorithms emulating ant behavior has proven surprisingly good at global optimization. In many cases they do better than manually designed algorithms and generally better than genetic algorithms. Fascinating subject.

#24     Sep 2, 2005
  5. Great article. Thanks psytrade. :)

Algorithms are nothing new to me except that i strongly disliked making them achieve a desired output/task. The theory part i like very much. Thanks for your words Vik. I'll investigate said subjects.

#26     Sep 7, 2005

6. =========
    Just saw a little spotted fawn deer this week;
    a] it was traveling more or less on a trail like they tend to do
    z]it kept looking back probably for it older relative for guidance.

Did see the mom deer later, another common habit pattern;
    matter of fact,tend to travel a trail like them when woods walking.

:cool:

#27     Sep 7, 2005

7. Nice.

I was training my dog in the woods when a fawn came running at him--the fawn was alone and thought my pup was mom. When it saw his teeth the fawn did a 180 and bolted. My dog thought he had to hunt it and chased it until i called him back.

My dog almost ate Bambi :D

#28     Sep 8, 2005
  8. A scientist measuring movement of tectonic plates in Oregon retrieved information that showed a years worth of movement (7mm) in a 4-5 hour period in September.

#29     Sep 13, 2005
  9. genomik

genomik

in every which way by competitive solutions.

everywhere there is gren is possible predator/feeder.

#30     Sep 14, 2005