VPS Coices? Azure vs ChartVPS vs ..?..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apdxyk, Dec 23, 2020.

1. traider

traider

Which aws region did u use?

#11     Dec 25, 2020
  2. d08

d08

Yep. It does what I need.

#12     Dec 25, 2020
    HobbyTrading likes this.
  3. d08

d08

Just ran it and I get 1ms to IB East and about 18ms to IB Central which I had settled on long ago. Still excellent for my type of trading.

#13     Dec 25, 2020
  4. I've been using https://ninjamobiletrader.com for about 2 months now. No complaints.
    They advertise it for NinjaTrader, but really it works with all trading software, Multicharts, tradestation, MetaTrader, etc. My automated strategies have been running 24/7 for the past 2 months without any problems, ultra low latency and very reliable.

#14     Jan 19, 2021
    cobco and apdxyk like this.
  5. johnkrick

johnkrick

Some of the advised here are really nice products. I have been using linux vps for some years and had a nice experience. I know what you mean with outdated hardware, this is what I was struggling with for a really long period (awful) until I decided to purchase something of a high-quality (just told myself I deserve something better :D hehe why not). By the way, what is a normal price for you? Mine costs around $150 and I am glad with the specs I get. But I see someone also uses for 120 and 190. Pretty huge difference so I am wondering how do they explain and what is the offer for such a difference ?

#15     Apr 15, 2021
  6. johnkrick, you might be overpaying. I've tried www.chartvps.com and www.speedtradingservers.com and were both very underwhelming when it came to day to day trading over remote desktop because of the slowness. For example opening up a chrome browser would sometimes max out the cpu, and trying to chart trade felt very laggy. On the other hand I found www.ninjamobiletrader.com recommended through their ecosystem listings, and now i pay only 59. Honestly the 59 plan is much better than the more expensive plans from the other sites. Because for me when it comes to chart trading, it needs to feel smooth without slowness or it is a non starter. I think alot of the vps providers use old intel xeons which are terrible for remote desktop trading. They might be fine for running an automated strategy, but if you need to RDP to chart trade they feel extremely slow. If you're not running any automated strategies and just want to chart trade over the vps, I'd def recommend the $59 plan, it's the least expensive I have found that doesn't have chart lag for day trading.

Only reason I'm even using vps for daytrading is because I like to use special order types to hide my stop losses and profit targets from the market. But the problem with simulated stops and market if touch profit targets is that they only live locally on your computer, unlike a regular limit order which is already submitted to the broker. So when my home internet went out for a split second and I needed to reconnect, that was exactly the time of volatility, my orders didn't get submitted, and i lost thousands. I said to myself never again, and now only daytrade over a vps.

By the way I'm not associated with any company, just a happy customer.

#16     Apr 15, 2021
  7. johnkrick

johnkrick

I actually wanted to say 105 dollars, sorry :D

#17     Apr 16, 2021
  8. mwahal

mwahal

Who is your vps provider where you are running Linux? Is it running on a dedicated setup?

Thanks

#18     May 29, 2021