We should ask ChatGPT to build a profitable trading system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Pekelo, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

So far I have been too lazy to learn how to use any of these AI websites, but eventually I will do it. Do you guys think in the near future bots can make a decent system that is profitable and easy to follow?

https://www.datrics.ai/ai-in-stock-trading-what-you-need-to-know-in-2020#:~:text=How to Make Profit on,only 5 years from now).

AI Technologies for Profitable Stock Trading
    Artificial intelligence trading strategies get increasingly sophisticated as the systems learn from their own experience. Thus, today, they offer indisputable benefits to users by allowing:

• Pattern detection. AI software analyzes historical data and sees recurrent patterns in stock price dynamics to identify the right strategy for an investor.
    • Predictive sentiment-based trading. AI programs can incorporate data from news and social media into their analyses, making decisions based on the dataset much more extensive than conventional technical analysis would allow.
    • Speed trading. With every millisecond counting in stock trading, trading AI apps can save you time and money by facilitating instant decisions and actions.

MACD likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

So ,,it" sees the plate and handle.

Tells the user to jump in. Guys does so.

Then thing gets shaken off another 20%.

It says to the user ,,hold".
    Guys gets afraid.

,,Man... This f... (Deep breath)... A.I"

Then thing gets shaken off another 20%.
    ,,This A.I sucks !"

~sells at the loss ; unistalls A.I
    Jump in the car all nervous & puts on :

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    jys78 likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Can we stop with the BS YT videos? Just because Overnight started it, we don't need to follow him...

4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

AI is already heavily used in the markets.

The problem is if one sophisticated firm has the technology, they all do eventually.

So back to the competitive dynamics of the market that causes once promising
    fills to be missed and stops to be triggered.

and so the revolving door of systems continue..

i think i read somewhere that hft algos are good for maybe a week and
    they have to be tweaked.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    TheDawn, SimpleMeLike and MACD like this.
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

AI isn't some magic. If every firm is using AI to trade, that will create opportunities; just like machine learning will often misinterpret an earnings report.

At the end of the day, all these sophisticated tools create crowded trades which leads to opportunities (one way or the other). Think about it. Everyone is looking at the same data. How could they not come to the same conclusions?

Voron77 likes this.
  6. notagain

notagain

ChatGPT is programed by Disney types.
    It filters its search, to show only what it wants you to know=Woke Wikipedia.

taojaxx likes this.
  7. virtusa

virtusa

I am surely no expert in AI, but this is my POV:

I experimented about 20 years ago with AI. One thing I noticed was that you had to feed the machine with data. Then the machine started to manipulate the data.
    What AI could not do at that time was "being creative". It could not invent things that are unknown to humans. AI has no creativity, and that's something humans have.

I don't think that AI can produce the creativity that I used to build a trading system, as I never published it anywhere. And AI has , to me at least, not the potential to create what I created as AI is feeded with existing knowledge. But not with knowledge that is kept secret and never made public.

So you cannot say to AI: "build me a trading system that always makes winning trades, and that never leaves meat on the table."

Creativity
    Possessing a creative mind and imagination means that you have the ability to dream up new inventions and ideas that do not currently exist. Yes, robots are able to recognise and analyse existing data and matter, and at a certain level computers can produce art, music, food, or writing. But that’s not the full story.

“Though definable rules and mathematics play a role in all these types of creations, the images, sounds, tastes, and ideas conveyed can’t be reduced to code,” Tom Pick of Talent Culture explains. That initial seed of a new idea or concept that hasn’t existed before is unique to humans, particularly people who identify as inventors and innovators.

Even if you aren’t an artist in the traditional sense of the word, creativity will still be needed in other jobs that necessitate a high degree of creativity or skill. Perhaps you have a unique way with words and are an aspiring published poet. Or maybe you’re in architecture school and have been praised by professors for your original concepts for built environments. Either way, innate human creativity comes into the picture, and humans appreciate the unique ideas and abilities exhibited and required by various forms of “craft.”

TheDawn likes this.
  8. TheDawn

TheDawn

I think that's already accomplished with all the algo trading that exists today. Right now algo trading systems are already able to read the news, analyze the keywords and trade accordingly. This is what people blame the erratic PA right after a major news/economic data on.

Tradess0610 and athlonmank8 like this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

life must be hard for you

10. TheDawn

TheDawn

It's a good thing that AI has not advanced to the point of having original creativity. If it did, we would be all doomed but don't rejoice too soon, the AI is getting there. I read an article somewhere that stated that they did an experiment with an AI to test its creativity. What they did was they read an unfinished story to the AI and asked AI to finish it. AI was able to finish it flawlessly and when they read the half-human-created half-AI-created story to a group of audience alongside a story completely created by human, NOBODY in the audience could tell the difference. And this is about 8 years ago and I am sure AI has advanced a lot by then. It's only a matter of time before AI would be able to compose a symphony, create a play, choreograph a dance piece, write a novel and create a trading system, basically being on the same level as us.

#10     Feb 16, 2023