Welcome to the No-Lockdown Paradise - Brazil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 29, 2020.

1. Ricter

Ricter

That a low percentage die is small comfort. Who would want to get really sick?

#41     Jun 29, 2020
  2. smallfil

smallfil

98% of Corona Virus victims survive those with serious health issues are the ones that perish. That is 2%. Cases rising because the US tests more does not mean all those people who test positive are at risk of death. Most are asymptomatic and do not show symptoms and have already, been cured of the Corona Virus. Even those hospitalized, only those in the ICU unit are at risk of death. Most others recover quickly with the use of steriods and remdesivir and avoiding the use of ventilators. The survival rate now is much higher than when the Corona Virus started. Spreading paranoia and hysteria does not change the truth.

#42     Jun 30, 2020
    CaptainObvious and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

----and Hydroxychloroquine with zpac which has been shown to be very effective.

#43     Jun 30, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If you manage to figure out a way to never get sick again, please share. Other than staying in my closet locked up.

#44     Jun 30, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#45     Jun 30, 2020
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Regarding rises in hospitalization. This is anecdotal data, as a disclaimer. But no reason to suspect it not being the case.

#46     Jun 30, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I said "really sick". Some patients get permanent organ damage. So I wear a mask when I can't social distance.

#47     Jun 30, 2020
  8. smallfil

smallfil

Just exposing more extreme liberal media lies. Here is the figures from the Real Clear Politics website, showing the fatality rates and the number of tests conducted by each country. China has tested over 90 million people, US has tested over 33 million people. Infections are not the death rate. More infections revealed as more people are tested. Most other countries only have lower infection rates because only a small portion of their populations have been tested. That said, you do not have extreme outbreaks everywhere as extreme liberal media continues to promote mass panic and hysteria.

#48     Jun 30, 2020
  9. RRY16

RRY16

SmallFill=JEM

#49     Jun 30, 2020
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Folks like gwb who have been pushing the Covid narrative for so long are so desperate to have their forecasts come true that they are willing to overlook or dismiss anything that doesn't immediately support their belief structure. This is the very definition of Confirmation Bias. Other folks on this forum have a political vested interest in making sure Covid continues to drive panic and disruption. They believe that if we come out of the Covid situation in a positive manner before the election, it increases Trump's chance of re-election (ridiculous). They are so consumed with their desire for him to be wrong that they are vested in making sure the data looks bad and again, ignoring anything that runs counter to their political narrative.

It's truly insane. If the numbers begin to show people dying more and the virus far worse than we thought - and the data clearly indicates this - I would be more than willing to back off my beliefs and re-assess the threat as any rational person would do when presented with evidence. I don't have a political dog in this fight (I don't support Trump and won't be supporting him next election - at least at this point). All I want is for people to get back to work, and businesses (locally) to be healthy. I'd like for people to stop cowering and being swayed by mass media propaganda and get on with their lives. I suppose that is my narrative.

#50     Jun 30, 2020