What am I missing about GlobalFX?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by trdr_2000, Sep 20, 2004.

1. united46

united46

#41     Sep 21, 2004
  2. I was quoting figures for the euro gbp cross not euro dollar.

#42     Sep 21, 2004
  3. Which broker are you using?

#43     Sep 21, 2004
  4. united46

united46

Lon

Yes you did. If I could read I'd be dangerous!!!! LOL

UNited

#44     Sep 21, 2004
  5. Listen if an instution or hedge fund wants to buy $100 million dollars of euro currency its not going to do it at the CME hahahah thats funny. They can do that in the spot market and no one would even blink.

#45     Sep 21, 2004
  6. united46

united46

I didn't say they would, did I???

I was merely pointing out that there is huge liquidity in contract turnover according to cme figures.

I would say read posts accurately but as Lon Eagle has pointed out to me, he was referring to the EUR/GBP cross which indeed does very low volume. So I'd better not. LOL Ha ha etc.

Regards

United

#46     Sep 21, 2004
  7. I guess you definition of huge and mine are different.

Ciao!

#47     Sep 21, 2004
  8. united46

united46

Funny

That's what the wife always says to me!!!!!

#48     Sep 21, 2004
  9. usmcr

usmcr

I went into the office a few weeks ago and went to one of their so-called "seminars". It's nothing more than these jackasses touting the potential of FX and how much money they make and giving young naive impressionable kids the illusion that they can make a buttload of money there under their guidance. And all this bs talk about Bloomberg feeds and such at their boiler room operation are all virtually worthless and just bells and whistles no real trader needs. And the head trader says he traded equities for 9 years then somehow worked for fxcm for a year or two then started his own FX prop firm. Let me ask you people this, how do you trade equities for nine years and all of a sudden switch to FX.
    Answer: he sucked ass and couldn't hack it as an equities trader and decided to scam ignorant people out of their money by charging people a flat rate to trade there and making a pip off every trade at his new scam. Their trader trainee program is a complete joke. I knew more about FX trading than the head trader/ part owner. And I've only been doing it for two years. Their bullshit "training" consists of everyone cramming into the office before a major announcement and hoping to catch a wild swing. The so-called " assistant traders" are all on demo accounts and minis and haven't made jackshit or have any kind of a track record. If you want to go to a place and pay to trade there for absolutely nothing in return, please be my guest. Truly the Blind leading the blind at this chop shop. To top it all off, the head guy wouldn't answer one single question of mine with a straight answer, FX trading experience and position at FXCM, $$$ he makes on a monthly/yearly basis, and it goes on and on. I suspect one of the many reasons he switched to FX is because it's so unregulated at this point and he can scam people much easier. However I suggest if you would like to learn the trade, go through a legit program/prop firm, go with firms like Schonfeld and/or ETG. But avoid this chop shop AT ALL COSTS!!!

#49     Nov 17, 2004
  10. Xenia

Xenia

Nice rating. I wonder how long it´s going to remain here. Better save a copy on your PC.

#50     Nov 18, 2004