what are some less known traps that i should watch out for?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by mute9003, Sep 22, 2021.

1. mute9003

mute9003

ive learned recently of the basic bear and bull traps used by institutions
    what are some other traps i should look out for when trading?

RachEB and murray t turtle like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

whale trap

It is a less know trap.
    So you wouldn't be able to find it in the Investment glossary, or Investopedia.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Have clarity, vision and foresight. Before and during the trade. That way...you won't necessarily step on traps.
    I know this sounds like philosophical, theory, bs and nonsense...to the common, basic, man. But truly digesting it will vitally affect your trading.

This reminds me of the movie The Edge 1997, Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin, Harold Perrineau,....you should watch it. That movie has rather profound lessons about the human condition, trading, personalities, and wisdom.

To get out of the wilderness alive...or encounter true trading market success....is a relatively very rare feat that only the wise shall experience. While many will fall and falter along the way.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

There are no traps only ZUUL!

5. quant traps.

6. A diversified portfolio is a trap.
    IMO......5 stocks is maximum to hold in portfolio.

7. stop losses and profit targets

8. tomorton

tomorton

If you start focusing on traps you will inevitably conclude that the big institutions are out to get you personally. This includes your own broker. This will lead you towards second-guessing your own analysis, over-sized positions and revenge trading. At this point it has become personal and that's the last attitude to bring to trading decision-making.

Play your own game. You can't win if you base your strategy on what someone else may or may not want to do to you.

9. Talking heads on mass media and so called "experts" are traps. They can't predict a stock price for tomorrow, what makes you think they can predict what the economy will be doing a year from now. Best advice I have for you is to rigorously test your strategies to make sure they actually have an edge and then follow your rules without compromise. If you don't have specific rules it's time to rethink your strategies.

PursuitOfEdge likes this.
  10. zghorner

zghorner

WSB traps. After last winter when the sub 10x its member count...every legit/professional looking DD is a pump and dump scheme...every single one.

#10     Sep 23, 2021