What are you reading & why?

Discussion in 'Options' started by deltaf0rce, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I deleted Trainspotting from my head because of the dead baby scene. That shit is just trauma all around. I mean, that's worse than anything in Natural Born Killers.

Nope. The dead baby scene fucks me up.

#11     Sep 27, 2020
  2. pixel

pixel

I always find it encouraging in reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. There is something magical and mysterious in understanding in life.

#12     Sep 28, 2020
    Sprout likes this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

The Far Side cartoons, if ya can't laugh now, 10 years later you won't be able to laugh at all your blunders.

#13     Sep 28, 2020
    Sprout likes this.
  4. I only read the 3 minute candles and price action chart every day and night. Also reading my daily journals to get better at making money daily.

Reading anything else is a pure waste of time.

#14     Sep 28, 2020
  5. .sigma

.sigma

Thus Spake Zarathustra is a damn good book. Nietzsche for the win.

trading related I read a lot of books, but I skim through parts here and there.

rn I’m reading Automated stock Trading Systems by Larensbendorp

Positional Options Trading by Euan Sinclair

100 Bagger Stocks That Return 100 to 1 by Christopher Mayer

Trade What You See by Larry Pesavento

#15     Oct 1, 2020
    deltaf0rce and zghorner like this.
  6. zghorner

zghorner

OP good luck with “Dynamic Hedging” it was too damn much for me. My maff just isn’t strong enough to keep up with that one.

if you enjoyed, ROASO then you would love “the boy plunger” by Rubython...lots of added details About Livermore’s life I really enjoyed learning about.

I’m currently reading “new market wizards” and should finish it within the next few days then I will start on “the dao of capital” based on a Paul Tudor Jones recommended reading list.

also currently Reading the novel “Musashi” at bed time and so far it is incredible.

#16     Oct 4, 2020
  7. Sprout

Sprout

His real life was nothing short of extraordinary as well as his ‘Book of Five Rings’

A true Master that continued to develop and refine until his transition.

#17     Oct 4, 2020
    zghorner likes this.
  8. How on earth did you come up with that Finnish punk rock song? Just curious because it happens to be my homeland.

As related to the topic I have been away from everything market related since finishing my intern this summer. Now getting back and starting some new books, mostly statistics. For anyone interested in vol trading without prior knowledge I recommend Trading Volatility by Bennett. Very easy to digest and starts from the basics. There’s even a free PDF on their page so you don’t have to buy the 20$ paperback. I like reading from paper though.

#18     Oct 7, 2020
    zion and zghorner like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

A family member had the EP. Living in NYC back then, we had access to the best vinyl shops in the world. Heard a lot of great music in those days.

#19     Oct 7, 2020
    Tony Optionaro likes this.
  10. This is a very good first read on options, but I prefer Natenberg. Reading them both is a waste of time I reckon, since they cover just the basic stuff.

#20     Oct 7, 2020