What do RED and GREEN mean in tick data?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by salamanderforex, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Attached is a chart of 2T (2 tick) data. What do the green and red mean? I see red and green candlesticks that are similar size and beside each other but one is green and other is red so this throws the whole concept price went up or down for me. Please explain if you know. Chart below is from eSignal subscription. What I understand is that for 2T top of each candlestick is the highest price of the two data points and bottom is the other data point. So, if it's a red stick does it mean the first data point was higher but second one was lower and vice versa for green stick? If so, this means this sticks are each individuals and have nothing to do with previous candlesticks? Is it also the same with 5 seconds candlesticks?
    [​IMG]

2. Overnight

Overnight

It means you need to get the hell away from something like a 2T chart. It is pointless.

Plot that same run on a 6,2 Unirenko. It will make more sense.

SouthbeachCTA likes this.
  3. algoseek

algoseek Sponsor

Do they have any documentation? Try to reach out to the provider.

4. Thanks for the tip. New to renko all together. My provider doesn't provide that. Where do you recommend I get it from?

5. Overnight

Overnight

It would be built into your charting software. Hell, just change them to a time or range-based chart. See what other candle types are available with your software and experiment.

6. BKR88

BKR88

With a 2 tick chart, there are only 2 transactions per candle so if a green candle the first transaction took place at the low of the candle and 2nd transaction at the high of the candle. Opposite for red candle.
    You would need at least a 3 tick chart to have any candles with wicks.
    A 5 second chart is time-based so some will have wicks.
    A candle starts at the first transaction even on a time-based chart so the previous candle has no impact on the next candle.

Turveyd likes this.
  7. tedmos38

tedmos38

A red tick is displayed within the chart when the price is falling, a green tick shows that the price is moving upwards.

8. virtusa

virtusa

I will tell you a secret, but don't share it with others...

GOOGLE IT!

I have an additional tip:
    Maybe try with the word "Renko"? :banghead:

9. tedmos38

tedmos38

I have used the Renko bars, they are represented in form of red and blue bars and shows the price impact. What trick do you have regarding them?

10. Exactly my question as well that I wanted @Overnight to explain since he chimed in with an alternative.

Thanks.

#10     Nov 3, 2020