What Happened to ET? Is it Dead?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jinxu, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinxu

jinxu

Hi,

Haven't been on ET for awhile. Is it just me or does ET feel dead lately? What happened to all the regular users that were active just a year ago? Did they move on somewhere else?

Can anyone tell me?

2. FXforex

FXforex

Could you name these so called "regular users", or do we have to guess who you are referring to?

3. Huh?? You haven't been here for awhile but it feels dead LATELY? How would you know....you haven't been here in AWHILE. :confused:

4. It's not dead but my belief is the low volume and volatility has washed out a lot of traders + prop trading for the most part has collapsed since 2008 anyway.

If you think a trading forum is bad, spare a thought for the brokers. They must be really struggling now.

5. JamesL

JamesL

It's not just ET that is suffering this fate...other forums are quiet too.

6. Blame it on the algos. :( :mad: :eek:

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That was funny :D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Washed out and traders not as active in comparison to prior to 2008.

In addition, this coincided with the "increase" in other social media resources by traders. Simply, many have moved to twitter, stocktwits and such.

10. Exactly. There was a slow and steady decline from 2003-07, but it accelerated in 2008-09.

Just for kick's, click on any of a handful of threads from 5-6 years ago and take note of exactly when many of those aliases stopped posting...

#10     Nov 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.