What-if analysis tool for option strategies

Discussion in 'Options' started by the learner, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Hi, do you know if there is any free software/website that offers scenario analysis for options?
    I am looking for something to help me understand how much my strategy would likely be worth under given scenarios for underlying and volatilities and also be able to see how adjustments to the position would change the payoff. Thanks.

2. thecoder

thecoder

The following is not perfect, but works for basic options stuff:
    https://optioncreator.com/
    But I think later adjustments to the positions is not possible with it.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. terr

terr

something like this? It is available in the free MedvedTrader version.

upload_2021-12-3_11-51-8.png

5. Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like none of these offers the ability to simulate an adjustment. For example, say I move vol and underlying to simulate an adverse move for my strategy and I want to simulate which adjustment to make to the strategy under the new simulated market conditions.
    Maybe that is too advance for a free software but I was hoping to find something around.

6. terr

terr

I don't know about others - in the one I showed any parameter can be adjusted and the resulting curves will change.

7. Matt_ORATS

Matt_ORATS Sponsor

What does this mean - I want to simulate which adjustment to make to the strategy under the new simulated market conditions? That you would, for example, buy a put and see how it looks under the new simulated environment or have the software find the option that flattens the strategy?